Director, Investment Management, Group Venture Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
UOB Venture Management is a leading private equity firm that manages a family of funds in excess of S$1 billion. Through our headquarters in Singapore, and our offices in Shanghai and Jakarta, we provide financing to unlisted companies via direct equity investments. These cover early-stage, expansion and pre-IPO companies in China and the ASEAN region. We also invest in socially responsible high-growth companies that play a part in helping to improve the living standards of communities in Southeast Asia and China.Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will be expected to manage or support the activities of a Southeast Asia Healthcare Fund to incubate and invest in biotech, Healthcare IT, hospital diagnostics, and tools and instruments, and develop cutting edge technology in this region.
- Identify or source for therapeutic product or healthcare solution to incubate or invest in; negotiate in-licensing of therapeutic product or healthcare solution; and build a team to incubate the therapeutic product or healthcare solution
- Undertake all aspects of investments and divestments. These include evaluating investment deals, negotiation, deal structuring and closing, monitoring and adding value to portfolio companies, sitting on the board of directors of some of the portfolio companies, as well as preparing the portfolio companies for liquidity events
- Prepare regular reports to stakeholder on the progress of the portfolio companies
- Build relationships with industry contacts, media, investors and senior management at target companies
- University degree in Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Immunology, or related subjects with at least 12 years working experience
- Previous medical affairs role, with experience in launching therapeutic molecule(s), especially in oncology, in Southeast Asia will be a plus
- Familiarity with healthcare products registration and regulatory requirements in Southeast Asia countries will be a plus
- Familiarity with in-licensing or out-licensing of healthcare products will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English; proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia or Malay is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical ability with business acumen and basic investment knowledge
- A self-starter and fast learner who is able to multi-task, is resourceful
- Good report writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, attention to detail and focus on delivery
- Able to work independently or as a team leader or as part of a team
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)