Director, HVAC Engineering
The primary responsibility of the Director, HVAC Engineering is to ensure HVAC and campus utility installations in Las Vegas Sands Corp properties are operated optimally and maintained to ensure safe and reliable operation. In addition, ensuring that the company is at the forefront of technology to monitor and control best in class operational and maintenance standards.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Lead the implementation of new HVAC and support technology in line with company sustainability goals
- Collaborate with the local Facilities teams to assess and improve operation of existing HVAC installations
- Support implementation of reliability centered maintenance programs
- Perform technical assessment of existing installations and create balanced long term investment strategy
- Write high quality descriptions, scope of work, plan and execute technical projects
- Work with architects, engineers and other consultants to create best in class technical solutions for the company. Must understand roles and responsibilities of design professionals, contractors and regulating authorities and successfully interact with them.
- Lead commissioning of major HVAC installations during implementation and on a continuous monitoring basis
- Review design documents and give informed input to technical options and solutions in new properties and major renovations
- Drive global and local sustainability projects to achieve cost, schedule, and performance objectives
- Lead technical competency improvement programs across the properties
- Drive safety improvement programs
- Drive implementation of global technical reporting structure and related KPIs
- Drive process efficiencies and ensure best practices are captured and implemented globally
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years relevant engineering experience required
- Ability to operate in a global organization with operations in numerous countries with varying cultures
- Ability to travel internationally
- Bachelors’ Degree in architectural engineering, mechanical engineering or related field required
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred
- CEM certification preferred
- Ability to specify, monitor and troubleshoot building control systems
- Strong project management and organizational excellence skills required
- Advanced knowledge of applicable design objectives, minimum building code requirements, typical operating conditions, life cycle cost considerations, regional climate design differences, guides and standards such as International Code Council, ASHRAE, USGBC LEED®, BCA Green Mark, etc.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in standard English in written and oral business communications
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the job
You agree that it is a condition of employment that you adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures including without limitation the rules of conduct of the Company.
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd