DIRECTOR, GLOBAL COMMUNICATION & MARKETING, ASIA
Req. ID: 120624
As Director of Global Communication & Marketing in Asia, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution the marketing and communications strategies that grow Micron’s brand awareness and presence in the region.
In this role, you will drive the GCM corporate strategy in the region. You will partner with the country leadership across Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia, as well as with other key local stakeholders to grow Micron’s brand presence across its target internal and external audiences. You will lead the team in charge of developing and executing the marketing and communications strategies for each country. The strategies will be aligned with the corporate direction while reflecting the specific nuances of each country across internal communication, media relations, brand and Micron’s digital presence. You will recruit, retain, and manage regional resources to help execute the activities that support your plans. You will also act as the crisis communication lead and liaison in the region.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and implement comprehensive regional and country communication strategies, aligned with GCM’s direction, while also reflecting the local priorities. This will involve collaborating closely with local stakeholders, including Business Units, Sales, Manufacturing, HR, Government Affairs, Legal, Foundation, Facilities and other functions.
- Create annual regional and country plans and 6-month review as defined by GCM’s planning process.
- Lead the team in charge of the plan execution, including working with outside vendors and agencies, to create and/or localize communication and marketing activities and supporting assets in the region, including management of budgets.
- Provide leadership to the Country Communication teams to ensure they understand GCM’s direction and key priorities, as well as key market opportunities and challenges in the region. Ensure they execute the plans flawlessly and collaboratively.
- Serve as GCM subject matter expert and trusted partner to the local leadership team and other key stakeholders in the region.
- Track and manage the budget and ROI on activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews to measure success and define areas of improvement.
- Semiconductor, IT and/or technology acumen and background
- International work experience and understanding of cultural nuances in Asia
- Demonstrated success in the development and execution of corporate level, BU and global communication and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Strong executive presence. Proven ability to influence professionals and senior leaders and to navigate complex and political landscapes.
- A proven ability to partner with global stakeholders and other functions in a highly matrixed organization.
- Self-starter with ability to think strategically and deploy tactically, able to “connect the dots” across the business.
- Strong desire to drive improvement, not settle for status quo.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Location: 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Communications || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Communications, Manager, Semiconductor, Marketing Communications, Marketing, Management, Science
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.