Sr. Director, BE Procurement
Req. ID: 118795
As the Back End Global Procurement (GP) Director at Micron Technology Inc., you will be responsible for overseeing the global vision and management of the Back End (BE) Capital and Materials Categories, as well as directing the Site BE Procurement leaders, to deliver value through development of procurement strategies, cost optimization, and strategic supplier relationships. You will commit to meeting BE Procurement performance goals and optimizing performance by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build and execute global BE Procurement strategies aligned to corporate strategic objectives.
You will establish and monitor performance metrics and oversee BE Procurement metrics to identify and implement continual improvement opportunities. You will collaborate with stakeholders to deliver strategic solutions and with all Procurement Directors to coordinate approach to cross-category vendors and key strategic suppliers. You will maintain close interaction with suppliers and internal business partners to ensure BE Procurement needs are addressed while fostering a customer-centric approach to solving issues and representing Procurement.
As a majority of the back end activity takes place in the Asia Pacific region, you will base out of Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte. Ltd. in Singapore.
Other responsibilities include ensuring department compliance to company policies and regulations, as well as departmental procedures. You will provide leadership for building and implementing Global Procurement strategies, processes, and policy through active oversight of functional teams and projects, and mentor functional leaders through collaboration and the development of sustainably successful solutions. You will also be responsible for conveying corporate business initiatives, providing direction thereof, and driving a clear understanding of line of site within your team.
Role Responsibilities & Tasks
Lead BE Procurement Supplier Strategy
- Is accountable for setting and delivering overall BE Procurement savings and supplier management targets.
- Communicates and aligns strategy with VP, Global Procurement and other Procurement Directors.
- Builds comprehensive Procurement strategy for global BE sites to meet Micron strategic objectives and performance goals.
- Leads global BE Capital and Materials Category teams, as well as Site Procurement Managers, to oversee execution of global BE Procurement strategies.
- Maintains high level of interaction and input with BE operations senior leaders, as well as Technology Development Procurement Business Partner to anticipate BE Procurement needs.
- Oversees BE Procurement specific projects and tracks implementation and results.
- Coordinates and communicates departmental policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for internal budgets and promotes continuous cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Develops, communicates, and monitors department performance metrics.
- Collaborates with Procurement Directors and Global Supplier Managers to coordinate approach to cross-category vendors.
- Sets and executes multi-year strategy roadmaps based on business needs and supplier landscape.
Oversee BE Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Ensures timely identification, evaluation and selection of BE suppliers and develops them to meet global quality, cost and service level expectations.
- Leads the BE supplier allocation process together with stakeholder engagement.
- Implements contracts and supplier performance management.
- Works closely with the supply base and internal stakeholders to continually improve the TCO throughout the product life cycle and meet internal cost targets as well as external benchmarks.
- Oversees all BE supplier engagement to improve performance and quality including day to day interactions, as well as formalized ASEs, QBRs.
- Works closely with Inbound Supplier Management team and BE operations leaders to handle escalations with suppliers needed to meet our dynamic needs.
- Works closely with suppliers to make sure that their BCP programs are meeting our expectations and also build our own BCP for critical materials and suppliers.
Collaborate with Stakeholders to Deliver Strategic Solutions
- Collaborates to create and drive customer-centric approach to enabling BE performance and effective cost optimization.
- Maintains close interaction with business partners to ensure category-related needs are addressed.
- Identifies and meets service requirements.
- Guides functional services with peer group and internal global partners.
- Manages conflict and builds effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiates and sustains effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides advice to senior and executive management on strategic decisions.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Desired: Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or Engineering
- Other: Professional Certification in related field (i.e. APICS, PMI).
The following are examples of experiences to help prepare a team member for the Director, BE Procurement role.
- Demonstrated ability to influence executives, senior leaders and stakeholders and work comfortably across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Collaborate to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Drive and execute a wide range of global initiatives with global teams
- Customer service experience
- Familiarity with technologies related to categories
- Develop and manage high performing teams
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading global Procurement teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: SINGAPORE || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Materials/Purchasing || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Manager, Procurement, Engineer, Supply, Science, Management, Operations, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.