Director, Application Development
- Leadership opportunity within a high-growth platform
- Be a part of a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment
- Great role for an individual passionate about technology and financial products
Our client is a digital asset exchange that is transforming the capital market through the introduction of new investable assets class. Their platform offers an array of services which includes primary insurance, trading and settlement and others. They aim to become full-service regulated to cater to savvy issuers and discerning investors.
In this role, you will be supporting the needs of strategic business goals, analysing design of technical systems and business models as well as enhancing the quality of IT products and services.
You will be responsible for :
- Leading product planning and application development architecture to ensure high availability, scalability and performance of technical design.
- Preparing project feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and proposals and obtaining required approvals from appropriate IT management and project sponsors.
- Establishing project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assigning tasks
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to achieve outcomes required and improve product user experience
- Ensuring work deliverables are compliant with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Tracking and reporting project progress, milestones, deliverables changes and dependencies within the schedule, costs, issues and risks.
- Securing approval of deliverables or revisions to the project from the project sponsor and stakeholders
- Planning and overseeing preparation of documentation of each project phase, training and support in new/modified applications.
- Continuously monitor/analyse user feedback and data analysis results after the product “go-live”, and roadmap improvement plans.
- Managing team’s performance, providing technical advice and guidance and preparing performance appraisals.
- You have at least a Degree in a Computer Science related major.
- You have at least 8 years of IT project management and software development programming experience.
- You have proven track record in project management and as a business analyst or equivalent preferably in a financial institution.
- You have strong financial product design capability and ability to understand user experience.
- Possessing PMP certification or equivalent will be a plus.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture and mainstream microservice technology framework as well as understand microservice design concepts
- Having knowledge of the Nasdaq financial framework, especially matching engine, market supervision, microservices and AWS will be an added advantage
- You ideally have strong knowledge of the operation mode of an exchange and are familiar with customers and investors of securities and derivative product trading institutions.
- You have effective communications skills in both English and Mandarin to liaise with internal teams.
- You possess a leadership mindset, with the ability to lead and collaborate across departments.
- You are result-oriented, hands-on and diligent.
- You have excellent organisational skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd