Digital News Designer
- Excellent opportunity within a well-established publishing firm
- Work on and craft story experiences for a wide range of projects, across multiple platforms
- Great work culture
Our client is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. The company's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media.
You will specialise in making news stories exciting with the stunning interactive features. You will craft story experiences for a wide range of projects, including news and enterprise, across multiple platforms by working closely with journalists, developers, designers, and editors on a daily basis.
You are responsible for:
- Coming up with data visualisation design through interactive infographics
- Carrying out investigative journalism/research with journalists using data, visuals and finding/verifying data sources
- Demonstrating editorial judgement, creativity and flair
- Working with front-end web developers to produce interesting and innovative visual stories
- Using analytics to evaluate stories and propose changes to workflow, concepts
- Creating intuitive, accessible user journeys from conception to final realisation.
- Designing and communicating interactive story ideas via prototypes or wireframes
- You have at least 2 years of Design experience.
- You are familiar with the latest digital storytelling trends.
- You are able to envision the final project outcome and direct others towards the visual goal.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are precise and have an eye for details.
- You have strong analytical, critical thinking skills and visual and interactive design skills with a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, motion and behavior.
- You are adaptable to changing deadlines and on occasion, unpredictable news cycles.
- You must be able to work on a flexible schedule that may include nights or weekends.
- Experience in Journalism and/or 3D skills are an advantage.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd