Digital Media Manager
TVT works with some of the world’s best known entertainment brands including BBC Worldwide, Discovery, Arts & Entertainment Network, Scripps International and many others to help them get their programming on screen. We offer a range of managed services and software applications to help broadcasters, content owners and streaming service providers version, comply, localise, re-purpose and deliver their programming all over the world and we take pride in delivering excellence.
Purpose of the role
This position is responsible for the organization, tracking, and management of digital content for use by our various clients. This individual will be part of a team that involves all aspects of Media Asset Management workflows (creation, documentation, support) and ensuring that they meet their deadlines. This role will work alongside project coordinators, triaging the day-to-day issues and escalating as needed.
The post holder will have:
- Ingesting and processing/relinking HDR, 2K+ file based media.
- Ensuring production assets are archived so that they can easily be retrieved
- Managing the daily ingest of files and cataloging appropriately
- Monitoring & managing the storage levels of multiple workgroups and workspaces and acting accordingly
- Providing daily support to Coordinators in prioritizing asset restore requests in a timely period
- Assisting Coordinators in both the distribution and retrieval of content using various digital deliveries (MediaShuttle, Aspera, Signiant, etc)
- Transcoding content to required specifications using a variety of tools (Adobe, Telestream, Carbon Coder)
- Metadata entry & editing
- Able to assist on a technical level with media issues throughout facility and escalating to Engineering when required
- Taking the time to educate Production of the various workflows available to them
- Ensuring the proper assembling and delivery of media for various remotes via hard drives
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- Experience and knowledge in Telestream Vantage, Carbon Coder and AWS is required
- Bachelor’s degree in TV Production or related field
- Minimum two (2) years of experience and working knowledge of Adobe or similar editing product
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to understand immediate issues and respond to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to adapt with little notice.
- Must be willing to work in Singapore
- Asset Management system knowledge a plus
- Cursory knowledge of video codecs
- Individual embracing new technologies
- Experience within a broadcast environment
- Excellent communication and client skills
- Attention to detail and responsiveness
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Edit products preferred (Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier/MediaEncoder)
- Technologically Proficient
- Is self-motivated, capable of working independently but also alongside a team as required.
- Able to handle and prioritize a high volume of production requests within a timely period