Digital Graphics Journalist
- Opportunity to hone skills within a leading media firm
- Work alongside industry experts and gain valuable learning experience
- Craft imaginative ways to tell visual stories
Our client is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. With their core business in publishing in both print and digital editions, they also own other digital products and outdoor media.
You will be responsible for :
- Writing stories and designing visual formats, including data visualisations for the newsroom
- Conducting investigative research and verifying data sources with journalists
- Assessing APIs and leveraging on data science tools for data parsing, scraping and wrangling
- Demonstrating editorial judgement, creativity and using analytics to evaluate stories
- Having a strong understanding of data journalism and digital storytelling.
- You have Bachelor’s degree in journalism, graphic design, data science, statistics or computer science
- You have some knowledge in journalism/reporting, data visualisation/infographics design, frontend web development, data analysis programming
- Prior experience designing interactive graphics and data visualisations with libraries such as, d3,js or Mapbox will be an advantage
- You have experience with one or more common databases, SQL, scripting languages (R, Python, Perl)
- You have excellent writing skills in English to cover our business requirements in English markets.
- You are always willing to lend a helping hand or support team members
- You are meticulous and have strong analytical and critical thinking mindset
- You are highly goal driven and a good multitasker who can work within tight deadlines.
- You are willing to work on a flexible schedule
Snaphunt Pte Ltd