Experis Singapore| Date Posted: 25-Jun-2020
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Bachelor's / Honours
As a DevOps Engineer, you're responsible for not just the deployment and maintenance of Software products but also the drive to continuously improve, automate, streamline and simplify existing processes and dev work as well as adoption of tools to help the company meet its commitment of a cost-efficient and robust product to customers. Majority of the work will be using Cloud providers like AWS with our tools as SAAS, but some on-premise work might be required as well and basic training will be provided. As an experienced staff you may be tasked with ownership of some processes or fields to ensure organizational needs are met. This role will have ownership and accountability of all non-production environments.
- Administering cloud-based Infrastructure deployment which includes tasks such as provisioning/de-provisioning of resources, maintaining security posture, user administration, monitoring computing resource utilization, network setup, backup /restore and incident management. Some on-premise work may be required as well.
- Perform system administration activities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective/preventive actions during and after an incident.
- Create and maintain documentation and processes for troubleshooting, maintaining, and configuring systems.
- Identify process improvements such as automation projects that can improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Responsible estimation of efforts needed for Ops project implementation and drive completion.
- Perform Cloud and On-Premise audits, inspections, corrections and other activities as needed by SecOps or other branches.
- Implement Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) on existing cloud environments using available tools.
- Explore, recommend, learn and deploy new technologies that will help the company to reduce cost or improve operational efficiencies.
- Ensure knowledge sharing to ensure proper transfer of skills to rest of organization to improve utilization of industry standard tools.
- Provide mentorship and coordination with junior staff as needed.
- Ownership of the CI/CD process that will be utilized by other teams to deliver the product.
- This position requires periodic system administration outside normal business hours.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical, project management, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in infrastructure areas such as virtual server technologies, networking and internet protocols, scripting & monitoring tools and IT Security.
- Conversant with infrastructure definition tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform, and with YAML/JSON deployment templates.
- Python/ansible scripting skills for provisioning and automating dynamic cloud infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Docker containerization and Kubernetes orchestration a strong plus
- Experience in API Management (AWS API Gateway, Tibco Mashery), Platform as a Service (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry) and DevOps will be a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like SumoLogic, Datadog and Nagios will be a plus.
- Basic day-to-day administration of databases to ensure uptime and other DevOps related work that requires DB Administration. Should be familiar with SQL and preferably MongoDB
- Possess a degree in Information Technology or related fields or equivalent certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT experience with at least 1 year of hands-on experience in AWS Cloud.
- Strong familiarity with AWS with AWS Certified Solution Architect (Associate) or equivalent certification preferred.
Kang Abelene Marianne Mrs Rozario Abelene Marianne
EA License No.: 02C3423 | Personnel Reg No.: R2089914