Development Project Manager
TVT works with the world’s best known entertainment brands – including the BBC, Discovery, Arts & Entertainment Network and major streaming providers – to help them bring their content to viewers.
We are looking for a Development Project Manager, based at our HQ in Singapore, to help this highly profitable international Group continue to scale up our development work. The Group has offices in London, LA, Sydney & Tokyo. This newly created role is part of the professionalisation of the technology infrastructure. It provides a great opportunity to get in at an early stage and make a real mark in this technologically forward looking company.
This role is initially a 12 month contract but with the possibility of a permanent position in future. Envisaged as full-time but we are open to 3-4 days per week for the right candidate. Reporting directly to the co-owner and Director who is also Singapore based, with a flat entrepreneurial management structure the role is highly visible within the organisation. The Director has a technical background but needs support with the multiple development streams. This role will be his Technical ‘Number 2’ to help drive the business forward, with increasing exposure to the more commercial side of the business.
The role will be office based (post Covid restrictions), in the hi-tech/R&D hub of Fusionopolis near One-North MRT. However, we welcome flexible working practices including the possibility of working from home up to 3 days a week if desired.
The Development Project Manager will have
- Previous responsibility directly managing software development & devops teams
- Managed a team within an SME or Startup environment, or have been responsible for a small independent team within a larger organisation
- In-house experience (as opposed to agency consultancy) preferred
- Used to Agile methodology and have used Scrum or Kanban to manage projects
- Familiarity using Jira or similar products to track project progress
- Experience of sizing standard tasks
- Experience deploying software on Cloud platforms including AWS
- Initiative and the ability to work without supervision and scope and manage projects independently
- Spoken and written English at professional level
- 3 Years+ experience as team lead or independent developer in charge of projects
- Must be positive, open and friendly in interactions with staff and clients
- Must be able to listen to and incorporate other viewpoints whilst still providing clear leadership and direction
- Down to earth with good communication & interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail but flexible self-starter approach
- Experience working in a media or video related environment would aid your application
- Singaporeans are welcome to apply
The package & benefits to you
- Opportunity to work for highly profitable pandemic-proof media business with a global reach and focus on personal development
- Monthly salary of S$7,000 - S$10,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working practices
- Working in a young, dynamic company in an expanding market
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified