Development Manager, Real Estate Development
Soilbuild Group Holdings Ltd| Date Posted: 13-Apr-2021
Bachelor's / Honours
Development Feasibility and Design Conceptualization Stage
- Understanding Property Owner’s requirements and assist in conducting feasibility studies with input related to development management.
- Prepare Design Brief and discuss with Property Owner on suitable contract procurement mode.
- Call fee quote, evaluate and recommend to appoint front-end consultants and contractors such as but not limited to Design Architect, Topography Surveyor, Soil Investigation Contractor, etc.
- Liaise with consultants to develop conceptual design, overall development program and cost plan.
- Assist Property Owner in seeking Management’s in-principal approval for the development.
Contract Procurement Stage
- Responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and completion of real estate development with the desired quality, within specific time frame and allocated budget.
- Provide leadership in coordinating all involved parties and represent Property Owner in meetings.
- Liaise with consultants in developing design details and specifications.
- Conduct value engineering discussions with consultants.
- Liaise with Property Owner’s property manager and marketing manager to ensure building design has considered building operational and marketability requirements.
- Review tender documents prepared by the consultants and oversee the tenderer exercise.
- Represent Property Owner in tender interviews and price negotiations.
- Review consultants’ tender report and recommendation, and advise Property Owner.
- Review Letter of Acceptance drafted by consultants and advise Property Owner.
Construction and Post-Construction Stage
- Identify and manage development risk and regular reporting to stakeholders on progress.
- Conduct meetings with consultants and contractor to ensure desired parameters for quality, costs and completion timeline are met.
- Evaluate and advise Property Owner on design changes if any.
- Advise Property Owner on progress payment to consultants and contractor, additional fee claim or variation cost claim (if any) submitted by consultants and contractor.
- Arrange with consultants and contractor to present material samples to Property Owner for selection, organise mock-ups if required.
- Collate development information required by Property Owner’s marketing manager, property manager, finance manager, asset & lease managers, etc.
- Oversee handing over of completed building by contractor to Property Owner’s property manager, including handing over of all as-built drawings, authority approval documents, warranties, operation manuals and training sessions for the property manager.
- Oversee consultants and contractor’s follow-up on balanced work such as obtaining CSC, etc.
- Monitor and track contractor’s defects rectification progress and status.
- Review consultants’ evaluation report and recommendation on Statement of Final Account and time extension (if any) and advise the Property Owner.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering, Building, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in real estate development / project management.
Soilbuild Group Holdings Ltd