Desktop Support Engineer (Up to $3500) Tuas
This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and
related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer
systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require
interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique,
- (a) Mid-level analysis and technical support for customers and their networked computers and peripherals.
- (b) Interface with multiple levels of end users, management, VIPs and local technical staff.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, PDAs,
- Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives. Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication by Engineer in English and local languages is mandatory
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of experience in End user support environment including VIP support in desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Installation and configuration – Desktop / laptop/ Printer/ Server/ Networks etc.
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades (workstations)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Outlook, calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
- Strong customer service skills and provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and local language)
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Background security check mandatory
- Experience of working as team member in a geographically and culturally diverse team
JobPlus Pte Ltd