Design Manager, FF&E
To provide timely and clear direction to External Consultants. To coordinate the flow of information between Operations, Architects, Consultants and Construction. To perform all duties in accordance with MBS policies and within the realm of the MBS Company vision.
- Inform Design Team, Cost / Commercial team of all client-led change proposals and instructions.
- To manage local consultants in the execution of design development.
- To assist in coordination between Design Team, Consultants, Operator stakeholders.
- Assist site team in resolution of site clashes.
- Participate in workshops and lead, manage the consultants as required in review and comment of shop drawings in terms of constructability, sequencing and ensure quality of he design aesthetic is maintained throughout.
- Follow through on design development of Concept, Schematic, Development and Construction Documentation for all projects where applicable.
- To attend and review Mock Ups.
- Conduct site and factory visits to ensure implementation and compliance with approved design intent and direction.
- Interfacing with internal and external Operations Management to ensure timely incorporation of operational requirements within the project design.
- Manage the design change process to ensure minimal impact to project schedule and minimize cost impacts as a result of such design change.
- To assist consultants and design team to complete and resolve any unforeseen interface problems throughout the various Design Phases.
- Minimum 6 years working experience in Interior Design of Hospitality would be preferred
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent.
- Possess good communications and people skills
- Good organization, coordination and leadership skills
- Required skill(s): design development, project management, construction.
- Fluent in Autocad, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch-up, Microsoft software
- Full-Time position(s) available.