Design Manager, Architectural
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 12-Sep-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Liaise with the Stakeholders to develop scope document and the operational requirements for the Design Brief.
- Advice the Stakeholders on Architectural related matters, such as space planning, layout, architectural design, statutory code compliance issues/implications and other technical issues
- Manage the design and coordination process throughout design and documentation phases and ensure the resolution of coordination issues
- Review and prepare comments to architectural design submissions under various design stages submitted by Design Consultant team
- Manage and review milestone deliverables from the Design Consultants to ensure the compliance and adherence to project schedule, scope and Design Brief, Stakeholders’ requirements and comments, local statutory codes and regulations, and company guidelines.
- Obtain, review and consolidate Stakeholders’ feedbacks on stage deliverables, and relay such feedbacks as directives to Consultants
- Provide architectural and technical advice on Contractor appointments during tender review.
- Manage and review of all Contractors’ submissions, including material/sample submissions, method statements, shop drawings, etc.
- Liaise with the internal project team and the Design Consultants with respect to budget and schedule constraints and develop design solutions
- Manage and facilitate architectural options or solutions when design issues arise
- Monitor quality of off and on-site fabrication from an architectural perspective
- Supervise Construction Administration activities, including:
- Managing Design Consultants’ required responses during Contract Administration phase
- Ensuring onsite contractor milestones are met during construction
- Managing weekly contractor reporting requirements ensuring accuracy of information
- Ensuring quality assurance systems are maintained throughout delivery phase of the project to ensure a high quality completed product
- Tertiary Degree in the field of Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years working experience in the field of Architecture. Integrated Resorts, Gaming or Hospitality experience would be preferred.
- Sound knowledge in local statutory codes and authority submission/application procedures.
- Creativity, imagination and sound design sense. Good 3-dimensional awareness is required.
- Good communication skills, as well as the ability to visualize designs and communicate them to others.
- Good presentation and IT skills, including being proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Bluebeam. Revit skill is a plus.
- Good organization, coordination and leadership skills – ability to coordinate groups of Consultants / Contractors.
- Ability to work in a team environment.