- Join a market leader within Media & Entertainment
- Apply your creative energies on developing new products in a corporate innovation lab
Our client is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. The company's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media.
This role is part of a team set up to test & develop new products in areas of opportunity identified within the Company's landscape. These products should solve real user pain points, tap on the Company's existing strengths, and be able to demonstrate traction with its target audiences.
Together with your teammates, you will apply your creative energies to generate potential solutions and run ideas through a structured innovation process together with relevant stakeholders. Ideas must be validated and developed into recommendations to the Business if we should a) adopt the idea b) invest more resources or c) pursue other ideas.
As a key member of the core team, you will strategise and design the best ways to obtain these ideas, prioritise which to pursue, design how to do so and pivot or cycle through as necessary. You will guide the teams from a user's mindset, taking ownership for the design and development of commercially viable products - building businesses of the future.
- You have at least 5 years experience in user experience design, product design or a corporate innovation role, and good knowledge of digital business models.
- You are passionate about creating value, able to develop creative strategy, pivot opportunistically, and works well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to represent and facilitate user-centric practices and discussions with team and internal business units.
- Confident in navigating stakeholders in projects of various degrees of complexity
- A strong communicator able to convey complex ideas and concepts clearly and simply
- Responsible & take ownership for pushing through ideas, while being collaborative and creative in problem solving
- Disciplined and systematic in evaluating the feasibility and value of a product; and is not wedded to ideas
- Proactive and adaptive to rapidly changing environments
- You are able to lead workshops with clients, assess design needs, and arrive at minimum viable product (MVP) definition.
- You have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams of internal/external stakeholders, development, and product management
- A proven track record of delightful and innovative designs
- Understand technology and work with developers and technologists, to produce innovative yet implementable designs.
- A good balance of UX and UI design skills, and cover both roles, with good oversight of product.
It's a bonus if you have
- Experience in digital product design;
- Experience in corporate innovation setups and/or
- Background in technology or media and understanding of large enterprises
Snaphunt Pte Ltd