Design Engineer, Mechanical (equipment)
PEC Ltd| Date Posted: 21-May-2019
Bachelor's / Honours
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the basic engineering/FEED, EPC and bid projects.
- Prepare equipment list.
- Prepare the specification and data sheet for pump, loading arm, lifting cranes, marine gangway, air compressor, nitrogen package, hot oil package, oily water system, vapor recovery system and etc equipment for Oil & Gas industries.
- Prepare the specification and data sheet for cryogenic pump, BOG compressor, condenser, LPG heater, seawater strainer, flare, cylinder filling system and etc equipment for LPG industries.
- Prepare the requisition and RFQ documents for vendor enquiry.
- Prepare the technical clarification and technical bid evaluation of vendor proposal.
- Review and check the drawings, designs specification, materials and equipment from vendor for conformity with project technical requirements.
- Plan, organise and coordinate the work in an efficient manner, prepare information drawing for interface design work whenever is necessary.
- To liaise effectively with vendor and inter-departments to resolve engineering technical issue.
- Prepare bill of material for cost estimation of bid project.
- Provide support for maintenance work.
Qualification & Experience Generally Required
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Min. 2 years engineering knowledge in mechanical disciplines in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industries. Experienced in LPG/LNG industries will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in equipment engineering specifications and standards.
- Familiar with international design codes (API, NFPA etc), industrial standards and local codes.
- Strong communication skills, able to work as a team and the ability to stay organised and multi-task.
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel, Autocad.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.