Deputy / Director, Finance & Risk Management (VWO)
The successful incumbent will be responsible for
- the formulation and implementation of strategies and the management of the finance, purchasing governance and risks functions within the Organisation to support the vision and mission of the Organisation.
- Working with respective external stakeholders for building of strategic alliances and partnerships to further the cause of the Organisation.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, plan, implement and manage strong financial controls and effective processes to safeguard resources of organisation, accurate financial records & reporting, compliances with all relevant laws and professional standards
- Partnering with respective functions in supporting the vision of the organization.
- Improve sustainability of the Organisation by maximising funding from various charities and government grants and subsidies
- Review Purchasing and formalize procurement processes and strategies to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery to facilitate continuous improvements and achieve corporate strategies
- Promote and drive a culture of strong governance through adoption of strong values and integrated processes to enable the Organisation and all staff to perform at their maximum potentials
- Implementing an environment of strong risk management to minimise disruptions to the Organisation’s activities and increase the competencies of the Organisation in achieving more challenging objectives.
- Participates in various management committees to ensure that critical operational or strategic decisions are grounded on financial and / or corporate governance criteria as well as to update outcomes, impact and progress on strategic goals.
Department Budget & Planning
- Align various departmental strategies and budgets
- Plan, manage and review operations of Finance, governance and Risk to ensure adherence to approved plans
- Guide team in continuous improvement towards excellence
- Promote cross functional partnership to ensure seamless operations across the Organisation
- Serve as a catalyst and/or agent of change and guide the management staff in ensuring relevant Policies & Procedures (P&Ps) are adhered to.
- Manage manpower planning, retention and development and resourcing to ensure effective delivery of services to internal users and external stakeholders.
- Review, enhance staff performance and develop team capabilities in nurturing the next generations of leaders
- Professional qualification in accountancy
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience of which at least 5 years must be in the position of leading the finance functions with minimum 3 years of experience heading risk management functions
- Preferably more than 3 years in the healthcare or VWOs environment
- Experience in supplier management and strategic sourcing and negotiation
- Experiences in managing processes in setting, communication and implementation of policies and procedures for a reasonable size organization
- Familiarity with MOH guidelines on health care organization an advantage
Selected candidate will be awarded with a competitive compensation package and a rewarding career. Please click "Apply" to submit your application with your full cv and include your current/last drawn salary, expected salary, your availability/notice period, motivation factors for your next career move and a recent passport size photo.
For any enquiries, please write to laypeng(a)thameshr.com (Reg No. R1217654) or to Meisee(a)thameshr.com (Reg No. R1105612).
We thank you for your interest in this application and regret that only short-listed candidates are notified.
Thame's Human Resources Pte Ltd