Deputy Director, Finance & Risk Management (Healthcare, Up to $11.5K)
- Our Client is a well-established Healthcare Organization.
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of strategies and the management of the Finance, Purchasing governance and risks functions within the Organization to support the vision and mission of the Organization.
- The incumbent will also be relied upon in working with respective external stakeholders for building of strategic alliances and partnerships to further the cause of the Organization.
Finance & Purchasing
- Design, plan, implement and manage strong financial controls and effective processes to safeguard resources of organisation, accurate financial records & reporting, compliances with all relevant laws and professional standards and partnering with respective functions in supporting the vision of the organization. Improve sustainability fo the Foundation by maximizing funding from various charities and government grants and subsidies.
- Review and formalize procurement processes and strategies to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery to facilitate continuous improvements and achieve corporate strategies.
Risk & Governance
- Promote and drive a culture of strong governance through adoption of strong values and integrated processes to enable the Foundation and all staff to perform at their maximum potentials.
- Implementing an environment of strong risk management to minimize disruptions to the Foundation’s activities and increase the competencies of the Foundation in achieving more challenging objectives.
Participates in various management committees to ensure that critical operational or strategic decisions are grounded on financial and/or corporate governance criteria as well as to update outcomes, impact and progress on strategic goals.
Strategic & Planning (including Operations)
- Formulate financial strategies to support the annual and mid-term plans of the Organization.
- Lead in mid-term and annual budget planning to ensure financial plans and budgets of all functions are consistent with approved strategies of the Organization.
- Regular analysis and reports to relevant levels of management to ensure appropriate actions are being taken if required for the Organization to achieve set objectives.
- Enhance financial sustainability by maximizing utilization of subsidies and grants through identification, utilization and ensuring compliance.
- Financial reviews of financial viability, reasonableness and resource allocations for major projects.
- Design, implement and manage appropriate financial controls to ensure that financial records and reports are accurate and guardianship of the resources of the Organization.
- Assist Management to review utilization of organization resources for optimum returns to the organization.
- Support the work of the Finance Committee as the secretariat of the committee.
- Promote bests practices in procurement and supplier management to support operational objectives.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition of supplies, equipment and services.
- Identify areas for improvement in systems, process and suppliers management to continually drive performance and the Organization’s outcomes.
Governance & Compliance
- Promote and drive comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure strong governance through clear work flows, consistent expression of organization values and transparency to all staff.
- Provide appropriate framework and platform for the housing of all policies and procedures of the Organization so that all staffs can have access to relevant policies and procedures to guide their jobs.
- Advising respective functions in drafting and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Regular compliance checks based on approved plans.
- Support the Audit and Risk Committee through:
- Secretariat to plan and support the work of the ARC committee.
- Key liaison with internal auditors or any consultants appointed by ARC in conducting their field-works and report of their findings.
- Monitoring on status of audit recommendation and report regularly to ARC.
- Assist the ARC in any whistle blowing cases.
- Promote importance of risk management to organization.
- Facilitate process of risk identification, mitigation and reporting to relevant levels of management.
- Drive specific risk related projects.
- Ensure adherence to PDPA requirements.
Secretariat to Quality Assurance Committee
- Drive efforts of Organization towards proper total risk management activities in all aspects of the Organization.
- Ensure all incidents are being recorded in a consistent manner, root cause investigated and appropriate actions being taken.
- Conduct special investigation into serious incidents.
Department Budget & Planning
- Align departmental strategies and budgets with the Organization.
- Plan, manage and review operations of Finance, governance and Risk to ensure adherence to approved plans.
- Guide team in continuous improvement towards excellence.
- Promote cross functional partnership to ensure seamless operations across the Organization.
- Serve as a catalyst and/or agent of change and guide the management staff in ensuring relevant Policies & Procedures (P&Ps) are adhered to.
- Manage manpower planning, retention and development and resourcing to ensure effective delivery of services to internal users and external stakeholders.
- Review, enhance staff performance and develop team capabilities in nurturing the next generations of leaders.
- Professional qualification in Accountancy.
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience, at least 5 years must be in the position of leading the Finance functions with minimum 3 years of experience heading Risk Management functions.
- Prior working experience in the Healthcare or VWOs setting is highly preferred (3 years).
- Experience in supplier management and strategic sourcing and negotiation.
- Experiences in managing processes in setting, communication and implementation of policies and procedures for a reasonable size organization.
- Familiarity with MOH guidelines on Healthcare organization would be an added advantage.
- Direct reports: Manage a team of 3.
- Working Location: Central.
- Working Hours: Mondays to Thursday, 8.30am to 6pm and Fridays, 8.30am to 5pm.
- Critical: Due to the organization's affirmed support and commitment to developing a Singaporean core, this role is only available to Singaporeans.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 16963.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Novita Tan at [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA License: 09C3051 | EA Personnel: Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374
GMP RECRUITMENT SERVICES (S) PTE LTD