MRC GLOBAL SINGAPORE | Date Posted: 6-Jul-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers and to customers
- Inspect vehicle for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Undertake safety driver training as required.
- Receive certification in ‘Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Process Plant’ (NTUC)
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Valid truck driving license based on vehicle classification
- Report any observed nonconformance or departure from established procedures.
- Report any observed risk or departure from established procedures.
- Ability to tell if loads are unbalanced on the loaded truck.
- Able to fasten down different/varied loads that he/she will be faced with everyday
- Participate in the development and improvement of safety and environmental performance.
- Able to work OT during ‘shutdown’ periods of our clients.
- Candidate must possess at least Primary/Secondary School/"O" Level in others or equivalent.
- Read and write English
- At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Responsible and hardworking.
- Good communicator,
- Desire to be part of a competent team,
- Practical, hands on approach,
- Good time management skills.
- Forklift license and experience.
- Crane operation experience.
- Some computer skills
MRC GLOBAL SINGAPORE