Database Administrator (Devops)
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 28-Dec-2020
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Ensure necessary data model design and policy compliance.
- Work with the application development team to define the application data model and work on tuning and optimizing database related operation.
- Be the point of contact to principal vendors for software and hardware.
- Provide production support and responsible for the resolution of database related issues and duty rotation for after-office-hours support.
- Provide support on to application team on database related matters (e.g. data patching, application deployments, extracting data from database for reporting)
- Plan and strategize data mapping for migration of data from legacy systems to support the deployment of the project, ensuring no data loss during conversion.
- Review data mapping/conversion/integration specs between systems to ensure appropriate mapping quality and adherence to modelling strategies.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of data sync during co-existence with legacy systems.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining database-related codes / scripts such as data sync scripts, data masking scripts, stored procedures etc
- Ensure database services and servers availability
- Install and configure Oracle Database and associated products
- Provide operational support including
- Ensuring Oracle database patches are performed in accordance to the patch release cycle
- Reviewing and maintaining of database accounts
- Monitoring and optimising database performance, such as optimising queries, creating indexes etc
- Capacity planning
- Configuring RMAN backup on database
- Ensuring Oracle database is hardening in accordance to the internal standards
- Tertiary Education (Degree or Diploma) in relevant field is preferred
- Working experience with Oracle 18c database or above in an Oracle RAC Active-Active environment setup, including setting up and managing the environment.
- Strong working experience in PL/SQL scripting
- Experience in working with ETL and data co-existence technology with legacy systems.
- Expected to acquire some domain knowledge to develop and maintain the stored procedures, data masking scripts and data sync script
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good team player and meticulous
- Passionate in championing the team to continuously improve to deliver quality software product
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Agile development environments
- Experience as software engineer
- Have any of the following working experience
- Oracle 19C
- AWS RDS
- DB audit and security
- Data masking products
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle GoldenGate
- MS SQL Server
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)