Data Visualisation Designer
- Work within a leading employer in the Media & Entertainment industry
- Devise original and imaginative ways to tell visual stories
Our client is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. The company's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media.
As a Data Visualisation Designer, you will be expected to have a flair for telling visual stories in imaginative ways. You will work with a team of journalists, designers, developers and editors to design concepts and create stories.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coming up with data visualisation design through interactive infographics
- Carrying out investigative journalism/research with journalists using data, including conducting interviews and finding/verifying data sources
- Demonstrating editorial judgement, creativity and flair
- Working with frontend web developers to produce interesting and innovative visual stories
- Using various statistics and data science tools for data parsing, scraping and wrangling
- Managing workflow and process for data-driven stories in the newsroom
- Using analytics to evaluate stories and propose changes to workflow, concepts
- You possess a Degree/Dipolma in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science or related field.
- have at least 2 years of experience, ideally within a Data Visualisation role.
- Having strong expertise in Journalism / News and Visualisation would be highly valuable.
- You are experienced with the common data APIs, Facebook graph API and Google API.
- You possess experience with common databases, SQL and scripting languages (R, Python, Perl).
- You are a good multi-tasker who can work within tight deadlines.
- You have good presentation and communication skills and the ability to present you findings clearly and accessibly in the form of reports and presentations to senior colleagues.
- You have strong writing skills and a keen eye to ensure that the content is free from errors and complies with editorial style and guidelines.
- You are a strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data
- You are highly goal driven and work well in fast paced environments
Snaphunt Pte Ltd