Data System Analyst
- Join a market leader within the Financial Services Industry.
- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent.
- Opportunity within a company with a solid track record of performance.
Our Client is a leading multinational banking organisation, headquartered in Singapore. They have a global network of more than 450 branches and offices located at Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
The company's core business is commercial and corporate banking services, personal financial services, private banking and asset management services, as well as corporate finance, venture capital, investment, and insurance services.
This role requires you to work with key stakeholders and business users to understand needs and requirements as well as manage vendor relationship and deliverables. You will seek to contribute and drive continuous process improvement initiatives to meet business needs. You will also oversee the Hadoop cluster from development that is in line with current and future needs, to providing expertise of the Hadoop ecosystem.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing scripts to process structured and unstructured data.
- Understand stakeholders’ needs with respect to data structure, availability, scalability and accessibility.
- Making decisions with supporting reports.
- Processing & Interpreting data to get actionable insights.
- Establishing project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assigning tasks.
- Gathering, analysing, defining and formalising business requirements and processes into project/system specifications.
- Identifying, tracking and communicating progress, milestones, deliverables, risks and issues.
- Preparing project feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and proposals and obtain required approvals from IT management and project sponsors.
- Extracting, transforming, loading and integration of data from various sources.
- Monitoring the Hadoop cluster for performance and capacity planning, providing expertise and implementing real-time analytics use-cases on the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Providing expertise on the various components & features of the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Identifying trends, doing follow-up analysis, preparing visualizations.
- Implementing real-time analytics use-cases on the Hadoop ecosystem.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- You have at least 8 years of experience, ideally within a Business Analyst- Data Sciences, Data Analyst or Data Engineer role.
- You have experience within Big Data, Data Design, BI Reporting & Tools, Data Visualisation Tools (Tableau, QlikView, Hue etc.), Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Map/Reduce, YARN, Hive, Pig, Impala/Drill etc.) and Extraction, Transformation & Load (ETL) would be a strong advantage.
- You demonstrate strong experience working with large and complex data sets as well as experience analyzing volumes of data.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are adept at working with multiple stakeholders to drive desired outcomes.
- You have good presentation and communication skills with the ability to present your findings clearly and accessible in reports and presentations to senior colleagues.
- You are highly goal-driven and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd