The Data Steward, based in Singapore, is tasked with managing Customer Master data so as to improve the usability and quality for Illumina’s SAP ECC and CRM ( Salesforce.com ) business users. This has to be undertaken in alignment with Governance Standards and Commercial Business usage, requirements and processes. i.e. Campaign-to-Opportunity, Opportunity-to-Cash, Order-to-Install, Install-to-Support. He/She will monitor the data quality ( via Informatica and SFDC Reports/Dashboards etc ) and as required, will take corrective actions ( via SAP MDG, SAP ECC and SFDC Dataloader etc )
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, validating and approving requests for customer master creation and changes via Salesforce.com, SAP MDG and any other tools such as Excel.
- Ensure SLA for Customer Master data maintenance is met.
- Support Enterprise Territory Management ( ETM ) operations as needed.
- Support other related CRM Data Quality & Governance activities as it relates to Customer Master. ( Growth, Cleansing and Enrichment )
- Interact with key business functions and ensure data quality policies and governed attributes are followed.
- Prepare, maintain and present Documentation, Policy and Training content.
- Prepare, maintain and present Data Quality reports
- Baseline and continuously improve data quality through metrics tied to business impact
- Interact with key business functions and Customer Master Data Manager to confirm data quality policies and governed attributes
- Enforce data quality policies and rules leveraging Informatica Data Quality tool.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Commercial Business to validate and improve their data in support of their Strategic and Tactical goals.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with both regional and Global Data Steward counterparts:
- Assist in the resolution of interface errors
- Define data requirements for new and existing interfaces
- Perform data validation and related testing activities ( as needed )
- Advise on related master data issues, identify corrective action items, continuous improvements of the process and provide inputs to developing Data Governance road maps and strategies
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, business, life science or other related fields.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Master Data Management, Data Governance or
data stewardship activities and responsibilities:
- Critical focus on high Data Quality standards and monitoring.
- Knowledge of key processes leveraging Customer Master Data.
- Understand the interaction between data attributes and business processes
- Familiar with SAP ECC from a business support perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English / Korean / Mandarin.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to deliver quality work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in team settings, and work independently when required.
- Creative / Problem solving approach to searching/deriving Customer information from online or off‑line channels.
- Possess an open, flexible, and positive can-do attitude with good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Excel/Word ) and Outlook ( Scheduling ) and possess an innate ability to navigate through new software applications.
- Advanced Excel Macro/Formula and SAP experience is a must.
- Strong Presentation, Process and Communication skills.
- SQL/RDBM experience experience. ( e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL etc. )
- Process Mapping experience (e.g. Visio etc. )
- Data Governance experience (e.g. Axon etc.)
- Salesforce.com, SAP MDG
- WinShuttle Runner/Developer ( or automated data management/scripting equivalent )
- OCR Experience.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en