Data Services Librarian / Data Services Manager, SMU Libraries
Applications are invited for the appointment of Data Services Librarian / Data Services Manager at the SMU Libraries, Singapore Management University (SMU).
We are seeking a collaborative, proactive, and knowledgeable professional to join our team. You will develop and deliver a variety of learning experiences (e.g. workshops, digital guides, etc.) relating to computational methods of analysis in academic research and work collaboratively with librarians in the Research Management & Data Services and the Learning & Engagement units in SMU Libraries to integrate computational methods of data analysis in academic research into teaching, learning and research activities at SMU.
- Master’s degree is preferred - Library and Information Science or data intensive discipline from a recognized university
- Experience with R or Python notebooks for data extraction, cleaning, manipulation and analysis (prior experience in an academic research setting is preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of computational methods of analysis used in academia, for example, text mining, topic modelling, social network analysis and visualization
- Commitment to learning new relevant research tools and techniques when necessary
- Knowledge of issues regarding best practices of reproducible research and the research data lifecycle
- Experience with data discovery in a variety of disciplines (preferred)
- Proven ability to design, deliver and evaluate data literacy programmes for individuals and groups at different levels. (preferred)
- Proven ability to continuously innovate services and processes, particularly through the use of current and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, particularly faculty and students.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable and contribute to a diverse team of staff in a dynamic environment.
- Personal strengths should include critical thinking, interest in innovation, and flexibility with ability to work in a team with minimum supervision.
More details on the position is available at this link.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants, please email your resume with a covering letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. The covering letter must state the applicants’ responses to the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University