As a Data Scientist, you will support product managers, engineers and business stakeholders in building data products using machine learning. The tools the client uses most are Python, UNIX and SQL. You’ll adapt quickly and assist as needed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, while effectively communicating up-to-date status of projects and deftly managing resources and timelines, as directed.
Your strong statistics and programming fundamentals will allow you to assist in building scalable solutions and to deepen your ML and engineering skills, and your ability to learn about our business and collaborate effectively within and across teams will help to maximize the value you can bring.
This position is intended to provide support services as needed and reports to the VP of Data Science.
- gain a deep understanding of the client’s business and its organization
- see things from the customer’s perspective, and understand the roles of personalization and basket building in the b2c customer experience
- recognize the importance of modularization and scalability for saas applications
- learn and apply techniques like classification, regression, causal inference, Bayesian statistics, reinforcement learning and neural networks
- working with others, support, develop, QA and maintain predictive machine learning models to address business problems
- find ways to apply new developments in ML to practical problems
- provide support by uncovering new problems to solve that will impact our business
- investigate model performance as directed and determine when refits are needed
- ensure projects are completed on time and with a high degree of accuracy, as directed
- ensure all models are following the established rules for data privacy and governance of production models
- stay up-to-date on the latest developments in machine learning and AI
- 4+ years working with data and writing code in a practical setting (experience in an e-commerce, SaaS and/or early-stage company definitely a plus)
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field
- ability to understand and write basic UNIX shell scripts, SQL queries and Python code
- strong communications skills and a driving sense of curiosity
- Attractive benefits (e.g. corporate insurance, healthcare, dental)
- Flexible working hours
Glints Intern Pte Ltd