As a member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with engineers and scientists to develop systems that will revolutionise agriculture. Your task will be to research design, evaluate, and integrate system software solutions into current innovative systems developed to automate various farm operations. This role has the opportunity to improve process, integrate new systems and project management.
This new position of Data Scientist will further enhance and develop a novel farming software system that integrates collaborative systems to improve operational efficiency and farm performance. This role requires the engineer to have sound knowledge of data science and information systems.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Liaison with contractors/vendors/suppliers
- Writing reports and documentation
- Carry out duties as assigned by supervisor/management
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years working experience in data science
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience with design and development is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker