Data Scientist (Consumer & Digital Analytics)
THE ADVERTISER| Date Posted: 5-Apr-2019
Masters / PhD
- Work closely with business units to understand their priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Help define an analytical strategy to address the identified opportunities, covering analytical approaches, data requirements and technology requirements.
- Work with various teams to plan, identify, collect and integrate data from multiple systems.
- Automate workflows for feature engineering and model updating.
- Develop machine learning models and perform statistical analysis to solve problems in the following domains: customer segmentation, acquisition and retention, cross-sell and up-sell propensity, recommender systems.
- Perform A/B testing of prototypes on marketing campaigns.
- Communicate with machine learning engineers to support the productionisation of prototypes.
- Communicate and present analytical findings and recommendations to senior management and key business stakeholders.
Qualification & Skills
- Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, Data Analytics, or a related quantitative field.
- Familiarity with consumer marketing, and with relevant industry experience in retail, consumer goods, ecommerce, technology, or consumer banking/insurance.
- Good understanding of statistical analysis, data mining and machine learning.
- Experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets. Familiarity with streaming event data from web/app analytics is an advantage.
- Prior exposure to web analytics tools like Google Analytics/GA 360/Adobe Catalyst, and knowledge of tag management and data layer setup in Martech/Adtech is an advantage.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following languages/tools: R, Python, Spark, Scala, Hive, SQL.
- Working knowledge of BI and visualisation tools like Tableau/Qlik/Power BI.
- Team player who is able to build strong partnerships and collaborations.