Data Science Engineer
Accellion, Inc. is the provider of the first Content Firewall, the next generation firewall that gives organizations privacy and control over the content they communicate with their surrounding ecosystem. Among its customers are NYC Health + Hospitals, KPMG, Kaiser Permanente, Latham & Watkins, National Park Service, Cargill, NIST, and thousands more of the world's leading organizations. Accellion is carrying its bold vision forward while maintaining strong profitability and growth. This is a perfect time to join Accellion as it has started to move into a high growth phase and there are many opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to its future.
At Accellion, we are focused on building solutions that enable millions of users to securely share files with the outside world. Our platform provides enterprise security and governance over content exchange, prevents data leaks, and protects against malicious cyber-attacks.
Accellion is seeking a hybrid Data Scientist and Engineer. The ideal candidate is an experienced coder, a manager of data pipelines, and has an interest in becoming proficient in data science techniques. As a successful candidate you will work closely with product management, engineering, and data science to implement and analyze Accellion’s data monitoring tools and models. You will be part of the team focused on the continued development and improvement of data monitoring, auditing, and modeling. These implementations tackle sensitive information security problems and enable our customers to effectively monitor their information security environments and respond to security violations in real time.
This position is based in our Singapore office; Singapore citizens and permanent residents only will be considered.
- Building a process to efficiently collect, curate, and consolidate data.
- Ensuring best data practices and standards are shared across teams.
- Building efficient low latency data pipelines.
- Implementing statistical analyses of existing and proposed data sources.
- Helping productize the visual presentation of data driven insights.
- Acting as a bridge between data science and engineering as a member of both teams.
- Presenting your findings to stakeholders.
- Implementing solutions from concept to delivery.
- PhD in computer science, physics or a related field and 2+ years of programming experience.
- Experience with SQL/Relational Databases.
- Fluency in JAVA and Python.
- Knowledge of UNIX and UNIX-like systems and git.
- Experience normalizing and parsing large data sets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach in finding solutions.
- Ability to write technical documentation clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with product management as it relates to new product releases.
- Passion for Accellion’s space and its mission.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience manipulating unstructured data.
- Experience with distributed data systems, such as Hadoop, and related technologies, such as Spark and Presto.
- Experience with databases that power APIs for front-end applications.
- Experience developing advanced analytic queries using Spark, MapR, or Splunk.
Accellion has a very dynamic and flexible work culture and we’re looking for driven, resourceful, and proactive thinkers to solve complex technical challenges.
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. Other benefits include: medical, dental, 18 days of PTO going up to 21 days after 3 years.
Accellion Pte Ltd