Are you seeking the new norm career opportunities?
We are helping Thatz International Pte Ltd to identify suitable talents to help them to grow their business in the new norm. Selected talents will be placed with them to carry out their Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy (Thatz 2.0) or Outsourcing business.
Who we are
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd (Agency License No. 04S4557) has been established since the Year 2000 to recruit the right IT candidate that meets our clients’ requirements at all levels. We always have great success in matching the best candidate with the job openings.
- Right Pricing
- User eXperience
Our CORE VALUES:
- Forward Looking
- Humanity, and
- Environmental Friendly
Job Title: Data Engineer
Work Location: Central, Singapore
Job Type: 3 Years Contract, subject to renewal
About the Job
The Data Engineer supports the design, implementation and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems that support the collection, storage, batch and real-time processing, and analysis of information in a scalable, repeatable and secure manner. Focuses on defining optimal solutions to data collection, processing and warehousing. Designs, codes and tests data systems and works on implementing those into the internal infrastructure. Focuses on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising large sets of data to turn information into insights accessible through multiple platforms.
Proficient in database systems, scripting and programming languages required by the organisation. Also familiar with the relevant software platforms on which the solution is deployed on.
The Data Engineer is passionate about numbers and works with large data sets. Has a keenness for understanding business processes and resolving challenges in order to provide solutions with the help of clean and interlinked databases and architectures.
- Identify business needs
- Identify suitable data structures based on business needs to ensure availability and accessibility of data
- Determine technical system requirements based on data needs
- Keep up-to-date on the latest technologies, products in database and data processing software and technologies
- Build and maintain data pipeline
- Assist in building scalable data pipelines to extract, transform, load and integrate data
- Develop codes and scripts to process structured and unstructured data in real-time from a variety of data sources
- Test data pipelines for scalability and reliability to process high data volume, variety and velocity
- Consolidate and create data storage solutions for storage and retrieval of information
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts for data solutions
- Monitor data system performance
- Support the handling and logging of errors
- Develop backup data archiving systems to ensure system continuity
- Implement and monitor data security and privacy measures on existing data solutions
- Optimise solution performance
- Assist in the integration of data systems with existing infrastructure
- Develop tools to improve data flows between internal and/or external systems and the data warehouse
- Automate the data collection and analysis processes, data releasing and reporting tools
- Test data system configurations to increase efficiency
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in data processing system.
- Hands on experience in cloud technology stack, virtualization and container technologies
- Ability to communicate and present technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Strong ability to work independently and cooperate with diverse teams in a multiple stakeholders environment.
- Locals preferred.
What’s in it for you?
It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- Competitive Salary
- H&S Insurance Coverage
- Annual Leave and Medical Benefits
- Company events and annual awards (subject to Covid-19 situation)
- Community and sustainability support
- Other benefits
Key objective of this role:
To deliver awesome user experience through result oriented outcome with friendly service disposition ...we call it Thatz Way!
ARE YOU THATZ ONE?
Get in touch
- Prepare your updated resume (please include your notice period, current salary package with full breakdown such as base, incentives, annual wage supplement, etc.) and expected package.
- Apply through this application or send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
- All shortlisted candidates will be contacted
As an advocate for fair employment, we strive to do our best to render objective and merit based considerations for all applications, and we shall communicate with you personally when short-listed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For those who are not short-listed, your profile will be kept for other opportunities where suitable.
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Thatz International Pte Ltd for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act.
Best wishes to your job search!
Feel free to recommend this position to your friend(s) or relative(s) who may meet our needs and be rewarded.
For more information about THATZ and other job listings, please visit: www.thatz.com
Please like our Facebook: www.facebook.com/thatz.international
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd