THE ADVERTISER| Date Posted: 5-Apr-2019
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- As a Senior Data Engineer/ Data Engineer, you will be getting “first-hand” break to engineer data analytics platform which will include architectural design, infrastructure setup, building data pipelines, integrate with data lakes and integrating data mining models into data pipelines.
- Understand, brain-storm and integrate data from different internal as well as external platforms (including mobile event streams) to help organization to deliver top notch customer experience.
- Work closely with tech heads (CXOs, Business Leaders, Engineering Managers) and their external vendors in defining and building enterprise data exchange platforms.
- Design, build, support and optimize new and existing data models and ETL processes.
- Develop and support the data pipeline to integrate new data from various data sources with emerging data technologies.
- Define and manage SLA for all data processes and own data quality issues.
Qualification & Skills
- Advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical fields (or) equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience having developed data engineering capabilities for large and complex franchises.
- Strong data modeling (Kimball Preferred), system/schema design, SQL and ETL/ELT implementation skills
- Thorough knowledge of any one modern columnar, distributed and MPP based RDBMS systems. Preferably AWS Redshift or Azure Cosmos DB.
- Any one pipeline orchestration tool: AWS Batch, Airflow, Jenkins, Oozie, etc.
- Hands-on experience in any 1 modern programming language (Java/Python preferred)
- Extensive experience of building platform which are “horizontally scalable”, “highly available (Three 9s or higher)” and “fully automated maintenance” on top of AWS, GCP, Azure or Ali-Cloud.
- “Hands-on” experience of integrating open-source Big data technologies like Hive, Presto, Spark, Apache Ignite into traditional systems.
- Good understanding basic DBMS and operating system concepts.
- Frugality is in your thought and you strongly advocate using open source technologies.
- You write Neat, Optimized, Well documented and Self-maintainable code.
- Self-motivated and proactive, willing to learn new things, deliver best solution in most tensed situation.
- Good communication skills, strong team player and mentorship