Data Engineer (Data pipeline architecture) - 1 year contract, Immediate
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Take over working system for Extract, Transform, Loading (ETL) from AspenTech, Oracle, flat files to MSSQL
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Create working documentation from on-job-training (OJT) incorporating updates, upgrades, patches and migratory features on-going
- Ability to work quickly with keen eye for moving targets and adaptable personality through odd-hours working US/UK time
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field, with at least 5 years relevant experiences in Data Engineer role.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases such as MSSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, TimeScaleDB
- Microsoft SQL Scripting (MSSQL specific eg assemblies, threading, etc a plus)
- PLUS: Oracle PL/SQL
- Possess some DBA knowledge
- PLUS: Compression, Partitioning, Indexing, SSIS, SSAS
- Experienced in Windows shell programming
- PLUS: Linux tools (sed, awk, grep, xargs, etc)
- Good documentation skills (illustrations, diagramming, technical writing, good grammer, technical vocabulary)
- This is on 12 months contract basis
- Interested candidates must be open to work in the West
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17573
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Yingying at [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lai Yingying | Registration No: R1110239
GMP TECHNOLOGIES (S) PTE LTD