Data Centre Specialist
5 StonesHRM Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 14-Jun-2019
EA Licence No: 14C7057|EA Personal Registration No: R14C37583
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Able to perform rotating 12 hours shift work to support 24x7 onsite facilities management operations as per roster
- Able to perform hands-on troubleshooting and ad-hoc repair of mechanical and electrical equipment where necessary
- Coordinate and support any MEP systems and technical operations
- Perform 24x7 monitoring of BMS systems (Upstream to downstream), critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the datacenter environment including fire safety, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
- Coordinate and supervise all MEP operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for the critical facilities environment.
- Coordinate the activities of contracted personnel who are providing services or performing work within the assigned property.
- Provide support to all customer service request, incident, change and problem management activities pertaining to MEP
- Coordinate and support the scheduling of change activities for preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with no/ minimum disruption of building services.
- Review the input and output of the preventive maintenance service report and review the status on a monthly basis and provide management reporting on the health of the site.
- Support and implement improvements to the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to the site/s MEP operational process/ procedures and ensure it is updated at all time.
- Support capacity planning for the building services such as space, power, cooling and the various base building soft services and tenant needs.
- For all FM activities, ensure adherence to safety requirements and prescribed procedures were followed by all contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery team to manage security / network services, such as security, network device and various base building soft services and related requirements by tenants
- Maintain on going communication and updates to tenants, customers and vendors where applicable.
- Ensure all as-built drawings are up to date.
- Respond quickly to all emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns/ requests promptly.
- Support administration of inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies as necessary.
- Attend all training and personnel development programs as assigned by management
- Coordinate and support all FM/ datacenter related certification and ensure compliance at all times.
- Support customer audit request and support customer service requests
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by management
Good To Have:
- 3 years of working experience in supporting operations of a 24 x 7 critical data Centre facilities
- Broad knowledge and understanding of MEP related operations
- Facilities Management and Data centre related certifications. Such as, CDCP, CDCS or equivalent in Data Centre Operations or M&E operations, etc
- Familiar with certifications standards. Such as LEED Gold, BCA-IDA Green Mark Platinum, Uptime Institute Tier III, MAS TVRA, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, SS507, SS564, etc
- Bilingual in English and Chinese to communicate with mandarin speaking clients
- Possess an ITE or Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or in related field
- 1 to 3 years of relevant working experiences in managing critical facilities in a Data Center environment
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Broad knowledge in MEP operations and building facilities related systems such as PDUs, Switch Gears Operations, UPS, DC Rectifier, Generator, DRUPs, Transformer, CRAUs, Chiller, DX cooling, fire protections, raised floor systems, cooling containment, etc
- Willing to be on standby and be recalled for ad-hoc work activities on off day, work staggered office hours or during non-office hours to manage and coordinate/ support FM related activities
- Excellent team player in cross-functional environment
- Must be customer oriented, proactive, independent, self-motivated, mature and able to work under pressure.
5 StonesHRM Pte Ltd