Data Centre Engineer (12hrs Rotating Shifts)
Goldtech Resources Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 20-Oct-2020
EA Licence No: 90C4037|EA Personal Registration No: R1877924
Entry Level, Experienced
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
- Monitoring of alerts and escalation of issues to relevant department.
- Escorts and ensure smooth flow of Chain-of-Command in approval for DC visitations, Ad-Hoc works and maintenance.
- Assistance in escalation for Firewall Change Request.
- Identify the nature and type of the network failures whenever a fault alarm is generated or a fault is reported, and to execute the appropriate corrective actions to ensure minimum disruption to the network
- Maintain an up-to-date physical and logical configuration of the sub-systems with proper and accurate documentation;
- Perform network and new services configuration
- Ensure that all components of the sub-systems located at the DC (equipment of all sub-systems, equipment rooms, etc.) are physically secured according to the security guidelines set out.
- Monitor the sub-systems against any unauthorised network access and to track down for such unauthorised access to the network
- Safeguarding and restricting access to all the security related information
- Monitor the network performances during major events
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Datacenter environment.
- CCNA or CompTIA Server+ or equivalent certified preferred
- Strong knowledge of datacenter management, layout, power planning and cooling
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and server administration
- Strong knowledge of cabling types, standards, & best practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities at the same time.
- Willing to work on 12hrs rotating shifts
- Singaporeans only
Goldtech Resources Pte Ltd