Data Center Engineers
Are you the right person we are looking for as our team player to support our business growth? As part of our Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy (Thatz 2.0) growth roadmap, we are seeking keen candidates to join us on our journey as we scale towards greater heights.
Founded since 1998, Thatz International has now evolved into the Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy establishment.
Thatz 2.0 offers leading edge ICT & Digital Solutions, as well as, world class Services to organizations, companies or institutions seeking to further their operations or businesses excellence.
A BizSafe3 and TAFEP pledge company, Thatz International has been recognized through various achievements such as Singapore SME1000 since Year 2013 and Total Defense Award since Year 2012. The Founder has also been recognized with the inaugural Teochew Entrepreneur Award 2016.
Join Thatz now to maximize your true potential to the fullest by excelling in your CAREER!
ARE YOU THATZ ONE?
Data Center Engineers
- Perform facilities management related tasks in relation to the Data Center and/or Extra-Low Voltage (“ELV”) operations, including but not limited to structured network cabling, cable tracing, patching of cable and rack management, infrastructure and Data Center capacity planning.
- Responsible for the design and installation of structured network cabling, cable tracing, patching of cables and rack management in respect of infrastructure cabling used by the surveillance network.
- Responsible for the installation, removal, testing and labeling of all cross-connect cables (for e.g., cat6 cables, coax cables and fiber cables etc.)
- Responsible for the installation, re-location and removal of cabinets, racks, devices and other IT equipment inside the Data Center and ELV rooms.
- Responsible for the installation of IT hardware, including network switches, servers, shelves, intelligent Power Distribution Units (“iPDU”), rails, cable management and other IT equipment in the Data Center and ELV rooms.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Data Center and ELV rooms.
- Liaise with the Facilities, Security and Surveillance teams to ensure optimal operation of electricity, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and monitoring environments within the Data Center and ELV rooms.
- Responsible for the configuration and management of Data Center equipment, including IP Kernel based Virtual Machine, iPDU and Data Center Infrastructure Management (“DCIM”) software.
- Maintain and update DCIM software to the latest version.
- Monitor and manage the physical health of the network and server environments.
- Follow established processes used by the Data Center operations (“DCO”) team, participate in regular process review and maintain service standards as defined in the relevant Operational Level Agreements/ Service Level Agreements.
- Respond to priority 1, 2 and 3 incidents following the standard incident response procedures and assist with the resolution of such incidents.
- Manage and handle ticket management and queue monitoring (i.e. incident, service and change requests) for network and systems queues.
- Perform daily handover of duties and documents to shift personnel, and providing project support, including but not limited to updating timesheets, and updating and maintaining DCO team documentation.
- Any other ancillary tasks or works relating to the above as and when requested and assigned by the Company.
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in providing Data Center support.
- Degree or diploma in IT would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in providing Windows and Unix support.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely.
- Ability to maintain high-quality performance and constantly deliver results in a timely manner.
- ITIL V3 Foundation, Certified Data Centre Specialist (CDCS) or Professional (CDCP) will be beneficial.
- Must be able to work 24 by 7 rotating shift including Saturday, Sunday, Eve of Public Holidays and Public Holidays.
- Candidates with immediate availability or short notice period are encouraged to apply.
Key objective of this role:
To deliver awesome user experience through excellent yet friendly service disposition ... we call it Thatz Way!
- Basic Salary
- H&S Insurance Coverage
- Annual Leave and Medical Benefits
- Other Benefits
As a people developer, we embrace Thatz Delight for:
- Annual Increment based on your job performance
- Company events and annual awards
- Community and sustainability support
As an advocate for fair employment, we strive to do our best to render objective and merit based considerations for all applications, and we shall communicate with you personally when short-listed. For those who are not short-listed, your profile will be kept for other opportunities where suitable.
Best wishes to your job search!
Feel free to recommend this position to your friend(s) or relative(s) who may meet our needs and be rewarded.
For more information about THATZ and other job listings, please visit: www.thatz.com
Please like our Facebook: www.facebook.com/thatz.international
THATZ International Pte Ltd