Customer Service Officer, Contact Centre
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
Join our Award-winning Contact Centre where we keep our customers’ interests at heart, build trust and manage relationships. We drive to deliver customer-focused solutions.
• Ensures highest standard of service delivery to our customers.
• Monitor and respond to incoming calls/emails/social media platform/written correspondences
• Maintains confidentiality of the Bank’s customers and data.
• Identifies and resolves customer issues and enquires received via calls/mail/emails/social media platforms completely, accurately within the committed turnaround time and in accordance with Contact Centre standards to ensure contact handling accuracy and operational effectiveness
• Uses customer service and sales skills to optimize the opportunity of each customer contact.
• Educates the customer about the Bank’s products and services and directs them toward available resources for self-help.
• Resolves customer complaints and problems to the satisfaction of the customer, and completes accurately the necessary documentation of complaints, issues and subsequent solutions.
• Ensure group compliance & control standards are observed and met in the execution of customers’ transaction requests
• Uses technology and system tools as directed and within established guidelines.
• Ensures knowledge is up-to-date by participating in individual and team trainings, meetings and reading the information posted in the Contact Centre’s knowledge management system.
• Keeps abreast with current issues in the banking environment and competitors’ innovations.
• Suggests Contact Centre process improvements and participates in Contact Centre initiatives for increased effectiveness.
• Degree/ Diploma in any discipline
• Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
• Experience in Call Centre, Banking or Customer Service (calls and correspondents) environment will be an advantage
• Possess a positive mindset with a “CAN-DO” attitude a and passion to deliver quality customer service
• Possess a pleasant voice, excellent comprehension, communication, interpersonal skills and work etiquette
• Possess good command of written and spoken English. Ability to speak Mandarin will be preferred as the CSOs are required to work closely with mandarin speaking customers.
• Good analytical skills; passion for and is good in working with numbers
• Resourceful, proactive, results-driven, attentive to details and a good team player who likes to work in a fast paced changing environment
• Proficient in PC skills including MS Office applications
• Ability to work on staggered/rotational shifts including weekends and Public Holidays to support 24x7 Contact Centre service operations
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)