Curriculum Specialist Trainee, Mathematics
Purpose of job:
The Curriculum Specialist trainee works within the Mathematics curriculum team to plan, develop and write quality curriculum, including lesson materials and teacher guides, that ensures TLL maintains a high-quality market-competitive range of product and services for Mathematics in the academic enrichment business arena.
The trainee will work under the supervision of a curriculum segment head and will develop the lesson materials for one to two grade levels within the core curriculum of that segment. Responsibilities may also include preparing, reviewing and revising materials for shorter Mathematics programmes.
The Curriculum Specialist trainee can look forward to developing skills in learning how to craft engaging and meaningful learning experiences for TLL’s students through planning, designing and writing lesson materials, appropriate to learning outcomes. In working with the teaching team, the trainee will learn how the lesson materials are carried out effectively in the classroom through best teaching techniques and practices.
Accountability and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and production of quality lesson materials for Mathematics programmes at TLL that meet company needs and timelines and which adhere to TLL’s curriculum quality assurance framework. This includes:
- working within the overall curriculum design to ensure that learning outcomes for the level(s) are strategically planned and well-articulated through appropriate learning and assessment activities;
- planning Schemes of Work collaboratively with segment heads, senior team members, and relevant departments to align with TLL’s teaching timetables for the year;
- researching, writing, revising, editing and preparing for print or online delivery, all lesson materials, including hands-on learning activities, for the assigned grade level(s), that align with TLL’s teaching and learning model and all MOE requirements;
- supporting teacher enactment of the curriculum through the development of clear teacher reference notes and materials for each week’s lesson, working collaboratively with the teaching leadership team in documenting best practices for the classroom, and actively contributing to and participating in teacher meetings;
- ensuring the quality of the curriculum through careful observance of quality assurance processes, which includes adhering to house styles, close editing for content accuracy and presentation, vetting and collating feedback from teachers and the teaching leadership team;
- conducting administrative and project management duties and obligations responsibly as part of overall curriculum development and management.
- To ensure that the curriculum serves the purposes of TLL’s classroom and teaching contexts, the scope of work may also include teaching responsibilities, especially for specialists with little or no previous work experience in education.
Necessary qualifications and attributes:
- A good university degree in Mathematics or related subject/discipline.
- Good working knowledge of the current Singapore MOE education approaches, with practical experience in curriculum and/or education a bonus.
- High level of professional integrity and good work ethic, with a passion for education.
- Creative, dynamic, and innovative.
- Team player, with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter, open to feedback and willing to take on new challenges.
- Flexible, able to manage change and ambiguity well and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Careful, meticulous, with an eye for detail.
- Well-organised, methodical with strong time-management abilities to manage multiple tasks and teams.
- Excellent language skills, with a love of reading, research and writing.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and adept in learning new educational tools and software where necessary.
The Learning Lab