Curriculum Specialist (Learning Management System)
Purpose of job:
The Learning Design trainee works across subject teams (e.g., English, Mathematics, Science) to aid in the development of quality curriculum using educational technology in TLL’s delivery of its high-quality market-competitive range of product and services in the academic enrichment business arena.
The trainee will work under the supervision of a curriculum segment head and will focus on helping to integrate educational technology tools into TLL’s online classes and courses. Work also includes enhancing current core subject programmes through the inclusion of appropriate technologies, focusing on the use of technology for improved pedagogy, assessment, learning analytics and reporting.
The Learning Design trainee can look forward to developing skills in learning how to craft engaging and meaningful learning experiences for TLL’s students through planning and developing appropriate learning pathways and writing lesson materials, appropriate to learning outcomes. In working together with the subject teams, the trainee will learn how curriculum can be effectively delivered through the targeted use of educational technology.
Accountability and responsibilities:
- Design and develop TLL online learning environments, especially in relation to assessment and data-analytics aspects of the learning management system
- Participate in and contribute to the educational technology projects to ensure successful completion within given timelines
- Work with the curriculum specialists and teams within the subject in the curation and co-development of curriculum that integrates technology and other learning innovations in classroom teaching to meet desired learning goals and objectives and achieve desired business impact
- Work with the teaching leadership team in implementing technology- and innovation initiatives across the curriculum subject areas in our classrooms and online/hybrid lessons, preparing training workshops and briefings where necessary
- To ensure that the curriculum serves the purposes of TLL’s classroom and teaching contexts, the scope of work may also include teaching responsibilities, especially for trainees with little or no previous work experience in education.
Necessary qualifications and attributes:
- A good university degree in the relevant subject or related area.
- Good working knowledge of the current Singapore MOE education approaches, with practical experience in curriculum and/or education a bonus.
- High level of professional integrity and good work ethic, with a passion for education.
- Creative, dynamic, and innovative.
- Team player, with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter, open to feedback and willing to take on new challenges.
- Flexible, able to manage change and ambiguity well and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Careful, meticulous, with an eye for detail.
- Well-organised, methodical with strong time-management abilities to manage multiple tasks and teams.
- Excellent language skills, with a love for reading, research and writing.
- Hands-on experience and strong interest in the use of technology in education
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and adept in learning new educational tools and software where necessary.
The Learning Lab