The Courseware Developer conducts research and develops learning materials. He/She develops courseware materials based on curriculum objectives and the assessment of learning needs. He also develops the learner-user experience journey analysing the appropriate learning delivery modes as well as identifying opportunities to integrate learning technology and systems. He designs assessment processes, manages accreditation and certification processes and identifies opportunities to enhance curriculum effectiveness.
He is creative, analytical and aims to drive innovation. He is detail-oriented and has excellent critical thinking and research skills. He is resourceful and collaborates effectively with stakeholders across the organisation.
He typically works in an office environment and regularly interacts with digital systems.
Design curriculum and courseware materials
- Engage stakeholders to define needs and curriculum objectives
- Create curriculum design specifications based on analyses of curriculum objectives to guide the development of courseware materials
- Define desired user experience journeys for learners based on analyses of learning experience objectives
- Evaluate appropriate learning delivery modes to facilitate achievement of learning experience objectives
- Recommend potential applications of learning technology and systems to facilitate achievement of learning experience objectives
- Oversee the development of courseware materials to ensure alignment with curriculum objectives
- Evaluate the feasibility of assessment methods and processes based on analyses of curriculum objectives
- Recommend accreditation and certification processes and models based on analyses of curriculum objectives
Evaluate curriculum effectiveness
- Conduct feedback reviews with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate curriculum effectiveness
- Evaluate curriculum take-up rates, attendance, completion rates and assessment data
- Synthesise analyses of learner assessment trends
- Oversee implementation of curriculum review processes to assess compliance with the organisation's quality assurance policies
- Evaluate reported curriculum improvement areas against objectives and performance standards
- Recommend and prioritise curriculum improvement areas based on analyses of objectives and performance standards
- Must have a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Must have a WSQ Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE)
- At least 2 years of experience in curriculum design
Training Vision Institute Pte Ltd