Cross Border Logistics Manager / 5.5 days / Up to 3.5k / Jurong
CAREERSTAR INTERNATIONAL| Date Posted: 19-Nov-2020
EA Licence No: 03C3254|EA Personal Registration No: R2094472
Entry Level, Experienced
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma
- Fast growing logistics company that is constantly expanding into Southeast Asia
- Solid delivery service arm to a strong e-commerce platform
- Bonuses and incentives!
- Manage the timely reporting and consolidation of transport shipments from the various countries, and analyse and detect trends occurring.
- Experience working with freight forwarders: obtaining quotations, support RFQ, recommend on good forwarding agents
- Able to actively work with vendors to develop / maintain fast track customs clearance processes to reduce border crossing times
- Understands Import and Export Permit Declarations
- Support compilation for intent to submit for insurances and customs authority if necessary
- Equipped with knowledge in basic International Shipping Rules, Shipping Terms and related Customs Requirements
- Monitor and follow-up with forwarders/agents to see if shipment is received as scheduled.
- Able to apply scope to a courier industry
- Review and identify gaps in operations and processes to recommend, optimize and execute implementable solutions to improve service quality, productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Manage and monitor smooth coordination of daily duties
- Review and revise job flow if neccesary (To make it more efficient and effective)
- Work closely with other department managers
- Plan and schedule work for proper distribution
- Past experiences working in Freight Shipping is a plus!
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cross border operations and knowledge of international freight forwarding
- Experience in managing transport ground operations and trucking vendors.
- Familiar with 8-digit HS code using the Singapore Trade Classification and knowledge of Controlling Agencies(CAs).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office