Credit Control Specialist, Office of Finance
- Recover over-dues on student loans.
- Prepare bi-monthly GIRO file for loan repayment collection.
- Contact borrowers to remind them in advance of their repayment dues/submission of repayment plan/reaching maximum repayment period/inadequate monthly instalment sum, etc
- Manage and assist defaulters to re-plan/re-start their repayments.
- Liaise with borrowers to collate documentations in support of their appeal to waive interest and/or defer/re-age/repay outstanding loans
- Recover outstanding loans and/or tuition fees from withdrawn students (upon withdrawal).
- Update and maintain accurate data in master lists of cases under MOE appeal and debt collection agencies (DCA) efforts;
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets on GIRO exceptions and collaborate/coordinate with team on collections;
- Update student status and conditions in SAP of withdrawn/dismissed students;
- Maintain status notes in SAP on special arrangements and collection effort relating to defaulters.
- Send dunning reminders and Letter of Demand on overdue accounts as per SOP.
- Assign overdue accounts to DCA for recovery efforts as per SOP.
- Liaise with DCA for regular updates on cases under their recovery efforts.
- Manage matters on appointment/renewal of credit bureau subscriptions and debt collection services including liaising with OLGA on the legal aspects of the appointment;
- Assist students in enquiries and disputes;
- Support team in loan administration (in particular during loan application peak period).
- Prepare monthly ageing reports for management meeting; Quarterly MOE ageing report; 6-monthly MOE ageing report;
- Quarterly MOE Write-off Request submission file and ad-hoc MOE appeals.
- Assist in preparation of other required regulatory reporting.
- Perform UAT of enhancements to SAP/ISIS.
- Housekeep and archive student loans related documents.
- Any ad-hoc work as may be required from time to time (e.g, assist to recover over-dues on outstanding fees and charges of UG & PG under Accounts Receivables).
- Degree in Accountancy, Business or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP Financial and Controlling will be advantageous.
- Experience in credit control and debt recovery and/or Accounts Receivable.
- Excellent in Microsoft Office applications including Powerpoint.
- Good knowledge of PDPA.
- Proactive and mature team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadline.
- Results and service oriented individual who is disciplined in following up on outstanding matters, possesses initiative and ability to communicate effectively with all level of staff and people.
- Fast and keen learner who is willing to acquire knowledge of other areas to facilitate credit control.
- Systematic and organised, ability to handle high volume of data and paperwork.
- Enjoys interaction with people, firm and yet patient and responsive/sensitive to needs and requests of external persons including guarantors.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University