Counsellor (10-month contract), Mrs Wong Kwok Leong Student Wellness Centre
- Provide individual and group counseling and psychotherapy for the university community.
- Provide emergency and crisis intervention services.
- Assess student concerns employing clinical interviews and clinical assessment instruments as appropriate, to determine students' counseling needs.
- Consult with members of the SMU community (e.g., faculty, staff, administrators, students, family members, etc.) and the professional community (e.g., social workers, case managers, etc) as appropriate, to assist students.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate outreach and/or psycho-educational programs that address psychological needs and concerns, personal development and psychological wellness.
- Assist with referrals of students to resources on and off campus.
- Provide services consistent with professional ethical standards and generally accepted standards of practice.
- Other clinical duties appropriate to the position, as assigned.
- Minimum Masters in Counseling or related disciplines (social work, psychology, etc).
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience in a diversified environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Empathy and with much patience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Growing understanding of relevant counseling techniques.
- Good co-ordination and organizational skills.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University