Costing / Accounts Assistan/ Executive
Job purpose: To setup, maintain and manage effective system of accounting records and controls over Project Costing, Sales Invoicing & A/c Receivables, Supplier Invoices & A/c Payable and Payments for the Company. Provide support for month-end closing.
- Project Costing - Manage and issue individual project # for all projects. Accurate post direct labour (designers, printing, robotic, carpenters, painting and set-up) from time-sheets /online files to assigned project #. Post other direct costs eg rentals, outside transports, PE fee, etc. Post accruals for 3% consumable expense, 1% salesman incentive, subcon expense when supplier bills have not received. Work closely with Sales, Design, Production to resolve any project costing issues and provide costing on material /labour to support quotation pricing.
- Sales Invoicing & AR Receivable – Setup new customer masterfileds. Post WIP to COS for completed projects on timely basis and raise Sales Invoice when instructed. Raise Sales Invoice for distribution sales. Monitor AR DSO and chase customers for payment of overdue invoices.
- Supplier Invoices & A/c Payable – Collect authorized signature on all received supplier /subcon invoices and post them in Trade Payable. Generate Aged A/c Payables and prepare payment list for Finance Executive’s review and Director’s final approval, before raise cheques /payment vouchers for all Trade & Other Payables.
- General Ledgers & Mgt Reports - Assist in month-end close within 5 workdays. Prepare audit schedules, Sales /GP by Business Segment and by Project # reports, etc.
- Inventory & Fixed Assets - Take part on inventory cycle counts, annual stock-take, fixed asset counts, etc when instructed.
- Other Responsibilities – Provide support to Receptionist (when she is engaged on other work) to answer and re-direct incoming phone calls, help greet visitors and inform staff concerned. Learn job scope of other accounting staff for duty covering purpose. Take on ad-hoc finance tasks as assigned by Financial Controller or Finance Executive.
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in project costing and sales invoicing, DSO management and payments. Work experience using Microsoft Navision accounting software an advantage.
- Good skills in MS Excel and written /verbal communication in English.
- Keen to learn and able to work independently and effectively to meet reporting dateline.
- Good team player and able to adapt to fast paced work environment.
Dezign Format Pte Ltd