Coordinator, Mail & Package Ops
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 24-May-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mails and courier consignments, which includes processing, sorting, packing and delivering; taking inventory of storage goods and ordering of general office supplies and packing materials. Must also ensure the proper management of the tracking software system.
- To ensure that all outgoing mail has the proper postage.
- To ensure that all packages/letters go out daily.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Mail Package Center and its day-to-day operations.
- Monitor and handle all courier mailings or shipping for all departments.
- Generate posting and mailing expense reports.
- Coordinate and work closely with runners on delivery schedules, provide support and identify solutions to resolve any problems.
- Perform special assignments as required by superior or assistant manager.
- Liaise with all departments and runners for urgent deliveries, monitor the flow and follow up if necessary.
- To ensure proper filing of all shipping documents and their supporting documents.
- Maintain the highest standard of service in order to provide customer satisfaction and the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that excellent service is provided to customer in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
- Always listen to customers’ feedback with due patience and diligence.
- Able to handle customer requests tactfully, including offering alternative solutions to customers when services requested are not available.
- Always strive to meet and exceed customers’ expectations and satisfaction with prompt and reliable services.
- Observe Department’s Standard Operations Procedures.
- To work towards the company mission and vision, to meet customer satisfaction and exceed expectation each time and every time for return patronage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Minimum one year of relevant working experience preferred.
- Proven accountability when working with confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
SKILLS / ABILITIES / PRESENCE
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent command of English, Chinese and one other language a plus.
- Get along with fellow Team Members/other Departments and work as a team.
- Be willing to work any day of the week and any shift, long hours when necessary.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated with lots of initiative.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, customer services and communication skills.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to Departmental and Company policies.
- Work with internal management and Team Members, as well as outside support, to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak comfort and safety.
- Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Able to respond immediately to all emergency situations and calls.
- Handle stressful situations. Respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling conflicts.
- Be familiar with all policies and procedures affecting the Department.
- Mature disposition, and have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in Singapore (applicable to non-Singaporean).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the offices, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to respond to visual and aural cues.