Coordinator, Access Services, SMU Libraries
- Maintain the Libraries’ single Desk roster and ensure high quality service levels both at Li Ka Shing and Kwa Geok Choo Law Libraries.
- Administer the reading list service to support the teaching and learning needs of the SMU Community.
- Liaise with University stakeholders (Office of the Registrar, Student Services and Finance) in management of student data, collection of membership fees and fines
- Support the fulfilment functions of the library management system and maintain technical knowledge as related to library policies
- Proactively identify areas of continuous improvement in services related to fulfilment, course reserves, interlibrary loans.
- Monitor the Libraries’ performance in access services using data to inform improvement efforts
- Ensure currency and relevancy of training plans to build competencies of staff to continuously improve service levels
- Library diploma holder with 2 years relevant experience or undergraduate degree Information search skills
- IT capability (knowledge of Integrated Library Management System, MS Office and vendor applications)
- Willingness to learn and utilize continuous improvement methods
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Ability to work positively and productively with diverse agencies in an environment of rapid change
- Ability to develop and maintain relations with faculty, staff and students
- Collaboration and teamwork
More details on the position is available at link this https://library.smu.edu.sg/sites/library.smu.edu.sg/files/library/pdf/CareerAd/JD_Coordinator_Access%20Services_16Dec2019.pdf
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience
Singapore Management University