Contracts Manager / Senior QS
Contracts Manager / Senior QS
Contract & Subcontract Management
- Oversee and discharge Contracts Management duties such as tender preparation, preparation of costing, Pre & Post Contract Administration.
- Lead a team of Quantity surveyors to tender for new projects and ensure that all contractual issues are fully understood and complied with at existing/new projects.
- Oversee the tendering process such as sourcing for quotations and liaising with suppliers.
- Negotiate legal & commercial terms and conditions for new and/or changed contracts.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordination of the technical aspects of various projects with costing as a crucial component.
- Perform technical analysis and evaluation for material packages required by projects.
- Undertake the development and implementation of tenders and bids.
- Understand client needs and objectives of the projects of the company.
- Work with the team to develop the response to invitation to tender/invitations for quotations.
- Responsible for the administration of sub-contract and main-contract including variation Order (VO) and settlement of final accounts.
- Oversee Contract Documentation-drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution.
- Non-Disclosure agreement, sub contract agreement, consultants’ agreement, and review of vendor’s terms and conditions.
- Revamping of Standard subcontract agreement periodically post approval from management
- Oversee Maintaining contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence contractual changes and other document of all projects.
- Provide guidance on contractual matters to project management team.
- Develop/Revamp and implement procedures for contract management and administration in line with Company’s policy.
- Work with finance department to co-ordinate contractual insurance requirements, including administration of claims from 3rd parties in relation to damages due to project execution.
- Maintain and monitor market prices for both labor and materials used in the projects.
- Check and monitor material usage against tender to provide data base for management’s use.
- Ensure letter of award are issued for agreed or negotiated subcontract in a timely manner and in any case not more than 3 days after agreement date.
- To arrange for fulfilling companies contractual requirements like submission of warranties, final accounts etc.
- To submit monthly report for progress payment claim for all projects.
- To prepare budget for all successful tenders.
- Responsible to identify Potential Claims based on review of the contract deviations.
- Review and negotiate with the sub-contractors recommended by the project manager as and when necessary.
- Ensure Compliance to Sub-Contractor Management Procedure
· Degree in Civil , Building Engineering or equivalent
· Proficient in MS Office and strong knowledge in Contracts Management
· 8-10 years of experience in Project & Contracts (plus Tenders) management
· A track record of meeting business goals and customer satisfaction requirements.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Knowledge of best practices and methodologies.
· Ability to work on multiple, high visibility projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and in a Team and meet deadline.
· Ability to use discretion and deal effectively with uncertainties, changes and ambiguities.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Well versed with Singapore Standards and Law
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with analytical and problem solving approach
OUR RECRUITERS LLP