Contracts Manager, Retail Leasing
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 7-Jan-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Prepare various contract documents (including but not limited to Letter of Offer, Lease, Licence, Amendment Agreement, Termination Agreement, bank guarantees etc.) for the Retail Leasing team based on standard templates.
- Review deviations from standard contract terms which are proposed by retailers, and work closely with internal teams (including but not limited to Finance, Tax, Leasing) for inputs, before sending to Legal for clearance.
- Prepare draft side letters, notices or agreements from scratch where there is no standard template or where standard templates are not suitable.
- Review with Legal as and when necessary, on development and update of leasing related templates for improvement based on legislation, compliance with internal procedures and guideline etc.
- Compilation of non-standard clauses agreed with retailers, for ease of reference as precedent for future negotiations.
- Provide pre and post ancillary and support contract activities, such as:
- Track status of contract documents from conception till execution.
- Ensure background check clearance on retailers are obtained (from Investigations and Compliance) before proceeding with contract execution.
- Track payments due under lease agreements are paid by retailers, including preparation of tenant payment transfer to Finance once the Contracts Manager receives the payment from the Tenant.
- Update financial information and details of Lease (using MRI software) once the Lease is executed.
- Process stamp duty payment, if applicable.
- Degree or Diploma in Law would be preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in paralegal corporate work in law firms or large multinationals
- Legal drafting skills using templates
- Good knowledge of legal terminology and principles
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- Good command of English language
- Good communication skills