Contracts Administrator, Procurement (Facilities and Facilities Services) – Temp 3 months
The primary responsibility of the Contracts Administrator (CA), Procurement is to work with MBS various business units including Facilities, Retails, Casino, ASM, Hotel and Theater to raise contracting request RFQ or RFP, prepare bid document competitively bid, cost comparison, negotiate and award best in class consultancy, A&A works and maintenance services in support of the organization’s projects locally. The CA will be responsible for managing multiple types of procurement service requisitions and contracts including:
- Material Supply and Services Agreement
- Professional Services Agreement
- General Services Agreement
- Works Order
- Sub-Contractor Agreement
- Facilities Services and Maintenance
- Other contracts as needed
In addition to raising order and negotiating contracts, the CA is expected to perform the following tasks:
- understand legal contracts and negotiate best-in-class terms
- have knowledge of construction material and facilities equipment
- selection of suitable vendors and comprehensive contracting management
- negotiations to ensure best-in-class pricing
- ensure competitive pricing with strategic service providers and establish relevant agreements where appropriate
- summary of procurement recommendation
- vendor follow-up
- attend weekly meeting
- updating weekly project tracker
- knowledge of project (Architectural, Civil Engineering and M&E) specification and ability to understand project plans
- knowledge of building materials and their limitations
- knowledge of construction progression and the interrelations of various phases
- knowledge of the key requirements of local and national SOP
- ability to work with cross-functional teams and contractors to host value-engineering exercises
- ability to put together comprehensive bid document including statements or work
- ability to demonstrate value-added services throughout the contract administration period (from award through closeout)
- cross-functional department involvement and close cooperation with Design, Construction, Facilities, Legal, Finance and Procurement itself
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MBS’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop contracting strategies that documents sourcing approaches, preferred vendors, cost performance and gaps, work performance and gaps, logistics solutions and technology roadmaps
- Excel in vendor negotiations using multiple approaches such as market tests, long term agreements, cost models
- Negotiate strategic procurement contractual terms with vendors
- Perform comprehensive evaluations to ensure best-in-class pricing.
- Summarize sourcing recommendation and be able to convince stakeholders of sourcing recommendation
- Interface with user departments as the procurement contracting specialist that allows management to make the right procurement decisions
- Able to work well in a team as teamwork is important for this role
- Able to work under stress as turnaround time for deliverable is short
- Proficient in MS Office particularly MS Excel. MS Word and MS Powerpoint. Have experience in ARIBA would be added advantage
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor Degree required in quantity surveying, construction management, project management or engineering (or an equivalent experience).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in purchase requisition and orders, contract management and/or construction management or a related field.
- Ability to perform complex analysis for supplier and material contracts, develop long range commodity plans, streamline operational procedures, perform continuous improvement activities, and present project reports to reporting manager.
- Knowledge of financial and cost management, contract management, and spreadsheet analysis.
- Skills with Microsoft Office suite and spreadsheets are essential.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with management, team members, and suppliers while working under pressure and meeting deadlines Local travel including overseas travel if necessary may be required.
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd