1. Be able to perform check-in and checkout processes utilizing established systems and procedures including appropriately allocating rooms to guests, confirming and executing account payment in accordance with the established credit procedures. This includes ensuring that floats balance at the completion of each shift.
2. Register guest in the Property Management System (OPERA). Record and update all pertinent data into guest folio as needed.
3. Handles guest’s inquiries pertaining to tourist information and local community.
4. Processes Concierge and Ticketing related requests.
5. Competent to operate FCS system, Property Management System (OPERA), and Go Concierge to assist and process with guest requests.
6. Be conversant with manual operations process during shutdown of property management system.
7. Monitor activities in the hotel lobby and report and suspicious characters, items or/and activities to the Assistant Chef Concierge and Concierge Supervisor.
8. Maintain close liaison with all other Departments and to have a good understanding of other Departments’ operational flow, thus ensuring seamless guest experiences.
9. Be familiar with the local community and major events in town. Appropriate recommendations can be made to guests to enhance their stay in MBS and Singapore.
10. Be aware of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) and practice safety guidelines.
11. Adhere to departmental and organizational benchmarking standards.
12. Supports the Guest Services team with desk operations as and when required.
13. Performs any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the management.
1. Certificate or Diploma in Hospitality Operations from a recognized institution preferred.
2. Prior experience in the same capacity is an advantage.
3. Excellent guest relations and communication skills.
4. Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages such as Japanese, Putonghua, Korean is an added advantage.
5. Pay attention to details and have strong customer service skills.
6. Is eager to acquire tourist-related knowledge in Singapore.
7. Able to work with minimum supervision.
8. A team player and takes initiative to assist others Team Members when required.
9. Have impeccable follow-through; and “Can Do” attitude and mindset.
10. Well groomed and professional disposition.