At Holiday Inn ® Hotels and Resorts, our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in.When you are part of the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
Join us as a Concierge in Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because of this vital role, we are looking for someone who can
- Assist guests with all inquiries, both hotel and non-hotel related
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the activities of the day and alert to any potential problems
- Maintain detailed knowledge of key occurrences in your city/location including directions to key points of interests, restaurants, theaters, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational facilities, banks, consulates, transport systems and special events
- Manage all incoming guest mail, messages, telexes, facsimiles and special deliveries, in accordance with policy
- Manage outgoing guest mail, courier services, postage of parcels and freighting as directed by guests
- Maintain order and security of guest keys and other selected keys kept in Front Office, ensuring key issue policy is followed
- Receive telephone calls and take messages for guests who are out, in accordance with hotel policy
- Record incoming registered mail, telegram, parcel, telex in appropriate file
- Night staff check mail, message of expected guests against the system/computer and expected arrivals
- Conduct effective shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Prepare efficient work schedule for Bell staff, arranging holidays and vacations, taking into consideration projected occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals and departures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
In addition, you should have the following qualifications and skills that we are looking for:-
- Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent, with 2 years’ experience in concierge or related discipline or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- A passion for the service and hospitality industry
- Adaptable, determined and someone who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, highly motivated and has excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- A people-oriented individual with strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates ability to interact with the customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
- Possesses problem solving, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Duty Meals
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Marriage Leave
- Complimentary passes to Singapore Zoo and Wild Wild Wet
- Employee sports & recreational activities
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Career Development Programmes
- Healthcare benefits such as Medical, Dental and Optical
- Insurance Coverages
- Up to 50% F&B discount at IHG Hotels selected restaurants
- Special employee hotel accommodation rates at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- International Mobility Opportunities
- Achieved “Best Companies to Work for in 2016 Singapore" awarded by The Great Place to Work
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand belongs to the IHG ® family of brands, you'll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4,800 hotels in over 100 countries over the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG ® and we'll make sure you'l have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com or click on "Apply Job"!
Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium