The Casino Finance Compliance Manager (“Compliance Manager”) will work primarily with the 3 operational areas of Casino Finance (Casino Cage, Casino Accounting and the Count) on all regulatory and compliance matters which relate to each separate area of operation; and regulatory and compliance matters which relate to Casino Finance (“CF”) as a whole.
In addition to the above, the Compliance Manager will liaise closely with the Casino Operations compliance team in relation to various regulatory and compliance matters which relate to, or impact upon, Gaming operations.
The Compliance Manager will become familiar with various operational processes and how they fit within the multiple casino regulatory frameworks and our corporate compliance policies. Working with CF operational management, the Compliance Manager will analyze operational processes and where appropriate make recommendations to improve and streamline compliance-related processes.
The Compliance Manager will work closely with the management group of each of the 3 operational areas of CF to ensure ongoing compliance with regulations and internal policies through the conduct of regular reviews of operational processes; and assistance with the preparation/update of training material & delivery of regular compliance training in all areas.
The Compliance Manager will also work with the CF management group on issues arising from regulatory bodies governing CF operations; and the maintenance of channels of communication & effective working relationships with these regulatory bodies:
- Casino Regulatory Authority (‘CRA’) responsible for the management and regulation of our casino under the terms of the Casino Control Act;
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (‘IRAS’) responsible for Casino tax related matters;
- Singapore Police Force (‘SPF’) responsible for Cash Transaction & Suspicious Transaction reporting matters;
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (‘MAS’) responsible for regulation of remittance and foreign currency operations and associated reporting; and
- The TOTE Board of Singapore responsible for Casino Entry Levy collection & reporting.
The Compliance Manager will work with the CF management group on providing responses/remedial steps to compliance based issues arising from an audit (Internal or External).
The Compliance Manager will work with the CF management group to ensure all compliance policies & procedures are up-to-date, effective & fully implemented, performing regular reviews to ensure controls are in place to manage any new or existing compliance risk.
- Ensure operational compliance with the Casino Control Act, Internal Control Codes, Guiding Principles, all directions and notices issued by any regulatory authority to MBS, corporate policies and procedures and all Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”).
- Monitor changes in regulations impacting CF operations and work with CF management to update SOPs accordingly.
- Manage compliance based communications between Casino Finance, Casino Operations and other MBS departments (including but not limited to the Compliance department, the Legal department and Audit Services Group) and regulators.
- Conduct reviews of CF SOPs to determine the impact and effectiveness of internal controls, ensure that operational processes are consistent with SOPs, and where applicable provide recommendations for enhancements or SOP changes.
- Work closely with the Casino Compliance team to identify and recommend opportunity to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining adequate regulatory controls
- Work closely with the internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns as they relate to audit assignments and the general operation of the department.
- Set up monitoring programs to test for inconsistencies, policy violations, errors, missing approvals or other possible breakdowns in internal controls.
- Perform follow-up procedures to ensure agreed upon compliance action plans are up-to-date and are implemented by stakeholders as directed by Management.
- Investigate all breaches of SOP, GP, ICC or regulations and draft & document incident reports and / or notifications in relation to CF incidents and/or breaches.
- Manage and oversee the coordination of CF compliance initiatives and training with external vendors, other MBS departments, and the regulatory authorities.
- In consultation with the VP of Casino Finance, provide strategic and analytical support to the ED, Casino Compliance in the development of a Casino Compliance roadmap as well as perform collaborative planning initiatives and assist in the planning and development of long-term casino compliance goals and strategic objectives for casino operations.
- Develop an understanding of casino operations in Singapore and in the region.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the VP of Casino Finance.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in any area of study preferred; &/or 7-10 years Casino operational experience (preferably Cage operations) at a manager level.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a capacity to project confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders (Legal, Compliance and various Casino operational departments); and external regulatory bodies (CRA, IRAS, TOTE Board, SPF).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to absorb, understand and relate to casino operational concepts and work effectively with operational groups/stakeholders to overlay legislative & regulatory requirements, ensuring that organizational objectives & Compliance requirements are balanced & adequately addressed.